$1300 USD "Gaming PC" Build (Need Help & Input)

I am in the process of piecing together a gaming pc & would like the help of my fellow xmb members. I will post the build I have so far, so please don’t hesitate to add your input.

What I want most out of my $1300? To be able to play most or even all AAA titles at 1080p with max (or near max) settings. I would also like to do video rendering, minor graphic design, image & video editing.

If you guys/gals would also like to help me out with finding cheaper prices, be my guest. Iv’e been spending most of my time doing that.

The Build:
CPU: Intel Core i5 6600k
Mobo: MSI z70a Gaming M5
Memory: 16gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4
Graphics Card: MSI Radeon R9 390
Case: Corsair SPEC-02
PSU: EVGA 750 Watt Fully Modular
Storage: Samsung EVO 850 250gb SSD; Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM 2tb HDD
CPU Cooler: Corsair H55

Just curious, why the GPU? Build looks solid, I’m just wondering why you didn’t go with a Nvidia card.

Good question. Iv’e read a few forums comparing this card to a gtx 980 and people seem to think that this card is a bit more future proof.

I’d suggest a Nvidia gpu. If you’re planning on capturing footage. Shadow play is great.

Without taking the time to price it out myself, I would be surprised if this is $1300. Unless I am now blissfully unaware of hardware costs currently (which is very possible).

If this is $1300 and you want to do rendering and video editing, easy fix is worse GPU, better CPU. You downgraded all the way to an i5 but then decided to spend a ton of extra money for a top-tier GPU. When you are looking at the best of the best in anything, price to performance is often thrown out the window. You could get a 970 (or AMD equivalent) and be fine running games at standard resolution on max.

Everyone has been suggesting Nvidia but in graphics AMD is still a good option when you don’t want the best possible card on the market. For the price, they are very competitive with Nvidia so I’d go with your preference there.