To clear up some confusion, here is an explanation for the way our new trust level system works. This will also explain the requirements in order to move up a trust level.
Trust levels provide a way for active, contributing members to earn more privileges and some moderator powers on the forum. We feel it’s only right to give our experienced members more rights so they can maintain the community they contribute their time to.
Please note the requirements are subject to change and some members may be promoted manually by a staff member.
WeMod does not quite trust new users yet, as they are visitors who just created an account, still learning the community norms and the way our forum works.
We also want to hide any so-called “advanced” functionality from new users to make the UI less confusing for them and gently land them on the deeper UI as they get more experienced.
Thus, new users’ abilities are restricted for safety – both theirs and yours.
Users at trust level 0 cannot…
- Send private messages to other users
- Reply as new topic in the right gutter (UI removed)
- Flag posts
- Post any images
- Post more than 1 image
- Post any attachments
- Post more than 2 hyperlinks in a post
- Have actual links in the ‘about me’ field of their profile (will be silently and temporarily converted to plain text)
- Mention more than 2 users in a post
If a user sticks around long enough to read a bit, WeMod now trusts them as a basic user.
###Get to trust level 1 by…
- entering at least 3 topics
- reading at least 10 posts
- spend a total of 5 minutes reading posts
###Users at trust level 1 can…
- use all core Discourse functions
- have all new user restrictions removed
- Upload images and attachments if enabled
- Edit wiki posts
- Flag posts
Members keep coming back to the site, and have participated long enough to earn complete citizenship.
###Get to trust level 2 by…
- upgrading to Pro or Diamond
- visiting at least 15 days, not sequentially
- casting at least 1 like
- receiving at least 1 like
- replying to at least 3 different topics
- entering at least 20 topics
- reading at least 100 posts
- spend a total of 60 minutes reading posts
###Users at trust level 2 can…
- Use the “Invite others to this topic” button for one-click onboarding of new users to participate in topics
- Invite outside users to PMs making a group PM - Invite outside users to PMs making a group PM
- Daily like limit increased by 1.5 ×
Regulars are the most active readers and reliable contributors over long periods of time.
###They can get to trust level 3 by…
This is time and activity based, unlike the previous levels. In the last 100 days…
- must have visited at least 40% of days (40 days)
- must have replied to at least 10 different topics
- of topics created in the last 100 days, must have viewed 10%
- of posts created in the last 100 days, must have read 10%
- must have received 20 likes, and given 30 likes.*
- must not have received more than 5 spam or offensive flags (with unique posts and unique users for each, confirmed by a moderator)
- must not have been suspended
* These likes must be across a minimum number of different users (1/5 the number), across a minimum number of different days (1/4 the number). Likes cannot be from PMs.
All of these must be true.
Unlike other trust levels, you can lose trust level 3 status. If you dip below these requirements, whether from flagging or the passage of time, you will be demoted to Member. However, in order to avoid constant promotion/demotion situations, there is a 2-week grace period immediately after gaining Trust Level 3 during which you will not be demoted.
###Users at trust level 3 can…
- recategorize and rename topics
- access a private “lounge” category only visible to users at trust level 3 and higher
- have all their links followed (we remove automatic nofollow)
- spam flags cast on TL0 user posts immediately get removed
- Daily like limit increased by 2 ×
Leaders are regulars who have been around forever and seen everything. They set a positive example for the community through their actions and their posts. If you need advice, these are the folks you turn to first.
###They can get to trust level 4 by…
Manual promotion only at the moment!
###Users at trust level 4 can…
- edit all posts
- pin/unpin topic
- close topic
- archive topic
- make topic unlisted
- split and merge topics
- Daily like limit increased by 3 ×