Alien Isolation Trainer says 1.0.0. Yet the updated one is 1.9. Failed to update?

I’ve been having a lot of crash issues which the post here: Infinity not working on any game is talking about.

I’ve tried all basic solutions and have come to the conclusion that I believe my trainer isn’t even up to date. AI has been updated many times and it runs perfectly outside of Infinity but the moment I launch infinity or launch in into the game after a steam launch, it freezes and crashes my game.

After pondering what could have caused it I noticed my trainer version was 1.0.0. Completely default. Now I dont know if its intended or if my software has failed to auto-update which I presume it does. But its weird :slight_smile: I would naturally presume the trainer I downloaded should be 1.9.0 I believe after checking out this post: https://www.wemod.com/trainers/26/alien-isolation-trainer

It clearly states 1.9

I think… there is an update issue with Infinity causing these issues. I dont know, of course but I dont know what else could cause the trainer version not to register a new update other than it didn’t at all :slight_smile:

I hope you can help me :slight_smile: I would love to replay Alien Isolation with this software :wink:

The v1.0 is the version of the trainer itself which is the latest, v1.9 is the game version.

I trained the game on latest steam version at time, i don’t think the game had any updates since that time.

Can you post the exact error you get ? Also please give the best practices a read and follow them, this trainer shouldn’t have any issues but i’ll check it out again

Im testing your solution once more.

I can confirm I’ve followed the instructions to the letter.

I’ve added the infinity launcher to both Firewall and AVG exceptions and disabled them as per instruction.
But upon launching the game crashes still. Im even getting an error report from the game itself now. The error I am getting is : An internal exception occured. Address: 0x553ec866. However with each crash this address keeps changing.

I dont know. This is very strange because this didn’t happen with Deus Ex nor Warhammer.

the only thing I’ve left to try is the 32-64 bit modes. But my game is 64 bit and I dont see any way to check nor alter Infinity’s mode. I presume its 64 bit. Most things are.

I’ll download the game, maybe something changed in all this time.

Thank you for your help :slight_smile: I will hope for a solution soon, meaning I hope that you will encounter similar problems like me and a few others :slight_smile: Heh.

1 Like

@InfinityFTW I just tested and it is working fine. Even checked the options and all of them work.

No idea what could be wrong here but its definitely not the trainer. Maybe try reinstalling infinity (make sure to remove the infinity.sdf file and cache folder in C:\Users[yourusername]\AppData\Local\Daring Development\Infinity\Storage

Hey. I’ve reached the conclusion it must have been my temp PC at the time. I got another, newer and better in every way and I’m having absolutely no issues now. I dont know what the issue was. Maybe it was due to being an old machine but it works perfectly now.

Thank you for your time. have a nice day :slight_smile: