Another shooting in Missouri

"The officer stumbled backward but fired three shots, one of which struck Martin, Belmar said. No shots came from Martin’s loaded gun, the chief said.

Martin died at the scene, though Belmar declined to specify where the fatal bullet hit Martin.

Berkeley is near Ferguson, Missouri, where whitepolice officer Darren Wilson shot and killed Michael Brown, an unarmed, black18-year-old, on Aug. 9, sparking weeks of sometimes violent demonstrations. A grand jury’s decision to not charge Wilson last month in the shooting has spurred a nationwide movement to protest police brutality." http://news.yahoo.com/police-officer-missouri-shot-killed-man-pulled-gun-084531706.html

I love that they even say white and black, as if it’s relevant information. A MAN shot a MAN who had a gun. If people want to push forward, then they need to stop falling backwards. I think this is just ridiculous.

I don’t care what race you are. If you pull a gun on me I’m going to shoot you, end of story. There are several articles that leave out the fact he pulled a gun on the officer.

By saying white or black, Yahoo is indirectly promoting racism and profiling. It doesn’t matter the race. It matters that he pulled a gun on a cop.

Instead of putting it as white or black, they should have put it as Caucasian and African American. Would have been a hell of a lot better. At least in my opinion.

I don’t think they should say anything about the race whatsoever.

I understand where you are coming from. And I completely agree with you that they shouldn’t have said anything regarding race whatsoever, but how do you think the media makes its money? From views, readers, and controversial topics that are meant to enrage people. They get of from doing this type of crap to people.

It’s indirectly promoting racism and profiling. It’s shameful.

And once again, I agree with you. But you have to keep this in mind as well. Racism and Profiling has been around long before either of us was born. I am 26 and I have seen a lot of stuff. But if you want to do something about it, as soon as you are out of high school and college, you should probably go get a career trying to stop Racism and Profiling. You are not going to get anywhere by posting this stuff on the forums.

Nahh, as much as I’d like it to change, it won’t. GG

The media never looks at the facts. A guy pulls a gun on a police officer. It’s his life or the suspect with a gun.

so white cops are hunting down black people, shooting them at sight and then they plant a gun on them. Only thing that makes sense, right? But wouldn’t it be racist not to shoot someone just because they are black?