Anyone still playing The Forest?

just looking for a friend or two to have a little fun online, Feel free to message if interested, Thank you.

3 Likes

Yeah, I still play from time to time!

The Forrest. I´ve played with colleagues for a long time then we got bored and we built slides and made other nonsense.

2 Likes

NERUX, loool thats exactly what we all did the same lol, the game is great but once you have achieved everything there is so little to do? The second version is due out soon and has made some great changes.

its a great survival game that was sadly under rated

Rarely anymore but it was a great game that didn’t get enough attention from people.

I think one of the problems was its replayability factor. Once you’ve completed the story mission and fully explored the island - that’s it, you’re done. Nothing else to do now.

Sure, you could replay it and build a different base in a different area. But there are no more surprises to keep the player interested when they have finished building their second, third etc base.

Another survival game called State of Decay is in the same boat. Very exciting the first time you play it. The second time you play it you can try building a different base elsewhere. And then the player gets bored with the regular repetition of similar missions and storyline.

Survival games, I think, work best when the map is randomly generated or when the developers release a new map every few months. To keep the players guessing and surprised and give them something new to explore and discover. Once you know the map like the back of your hand, know where to find everything, know how to defeat every enemy with ease, etc then it becomes less of a survival game and more of a sandbox game.

Yeah, that was a fun game me and my friends played it a lot too then yeah it got boring.

Im still here playing The Forest and Looking for Friends, come and join :slight_smile:

possibly ive been meaning to play through it again

i still play