Assassin's Creed III: Liberation Remastered not launching

Whenever I try to open the game through WeMod (and choosing Steam Liberation Remastered), it launches Assassin’s Creed III Remastered instead. I’m not sure if I’m doing something wrong or if there’s a bug.

Hello!

This generally means the wrong .exe is linked to WeMod. :slight_smile:

Note, desktop shortcuts are not .exe files. They are simply launchers. Do not connect them to WeMod.

Could you show us the file path that the trainer is linked to (down arrow next to the Play button on the trainer).

“C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Assassin’s Creed III Remastered\ACLiberation.exe” is what I added as the custom. WeMod launches Assassin’s Creed III Remastered with or without custom.

Curious.

Forgive me for asking - I own Liberation on Playstation rather than PC (because it’s the easiest platinum trophy you can get on PS :rofl: )- Is there perhaps a way to launch Liberation from AC3’s main menu on the PC version? :thinking:

Otherwise, try the following:

1. Launch AC Liberation first. Wait until you are on the main menu.
  2. Alt+Tab to WeMod. Press Play.
  3. Alt+Tab back to the game.

Thank you! Launching Liberation first works.
To answer your question, no, it has to be launched separately.

This method can be used on other games as well. Mostly it’s the best thing to do.
1st launch the game, then press “Play” on WeMod.

Glad that it works!

Have fun! AC is one of the greatest franchises ever made.
Though if you’re new to the franchise, I’d recommend taking a break between AC games, otherwise it may feel more of a chore playing them back to back (IMO). Enjoy! :smiley: