Backwards compatibility modding for xbox one?

With backwards compatibility on xbox one and the ability for the Xbox one to read external storage devices, would it be possible to mod the save game of an xbox 360 game on the Xbox one?

Could you take a 360 game save from the xbox one and then edit it with a tool like horizon and then transfer this back to the xbox one? I know you can’t with xbox one games as the storage is in the cloud, but with backwards compatibility isn’t this different?

Yes it has been out for a while now. , where you can mod your game on the 360 save it to the cloud then use the save on xbox one but really not much fun , just play the game on 360 ?
If the game is backward compatable

ok, so you can’t edit a 360 file on the xbox one straight away once buying a backwards compatible game, you have to have it with a 360 console, mod it there and then save to cloud?

Correct. You’ll need a 360 so you can get the Xbox One save from the cloud, then move it to your flash drive, mod save with Horizon or other editor, move it back to the 360, upload to the cloud, download on Xbox One. Done.

1 Like

I’m just learning about all this but any modders looking to co op I would love to join something new to stream that and all those achievements. My rare moment being proud of my OCD jklol smile (kind of).