BeatBox 360 by dr dre

yep another case mod… this time im making a beats style case with something very different that i havent seen before, but im keeping that a secret for now.
anyway, i kind of like beats headphones as i have about five pairs of the things i thought i would add to the collection and make a case.
i will be uploading pictures as i go along so keep coming back to see the progress!!
and at the end of all of this i will make a video montage :smile:
this time its a phat hdmi falcon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHeBbuZ0xHY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfSdLLlfbRk&feature=plcp&context=C313d1acUDOEgsToPDskI_9RP0-7kJPDLjzDDLNPob

first steps, marking out

[details=Open Me]first off, the marking out and prep for spraying;

and then i removed all of the flaps on the front plate;
[/details]
Second steps, cutting

[details=Open Me]

goodbye ugly vent holes

ive also cut in to the back whic i will put clear acrylic in

[/details]
Third steps, painting

[details=Open Me]Painted b on the disk tray, it’s not perfect but I’m still working on it

Washed and drying all of the parts that need to be painted

[/details]
more pictures to come!!!

I’d like it better without the 360 trademark covered and unnoticeable I know that just a skietch… But just a IMO thing.

seen to many beat by dre cases and not really a fan of them.

you have? ive been searching all over for a case like that and i couldnt find any. damn thought i would be the first one to do that D:

i will be filling in the middle section and wrapping it in a carbon vinyl sheet

Make the earpieces “3D” and put some speakers inside.

Or use just the shell and put my subs in there and blow it to pieces. Hehe. :laughing:

Somehow you’ve made the Xbox 360 a hipster machine?

I’d like to see a “knock off” beats Xbox case mod.

But if you are going to made something like that why not try and make it around the CD tray.

Still make it, regardless of what people say. I think it will look awesome :smiley:

actually my plan is nothing to do with the disk tray but with the giant ‘b’ on the side. all we be revealed in good time… :smile:

Yea, i was saying maybe spin the b so the loop fits around the disc spinning. Either way good luck and keep us updated. I wish I would have kept modding cases instead of stopping haha.

i will no doubt :smiley:
you used to case mod? what kind of cases did you do?

I just did the typical big window and paint usually when I did an X clamp fix. Me and a buddy where gonna start doing some but I moved to Maryland and left it at that. When I buy my house (this year maybe) I’m gonna do a lot of mods to my man cave.

sorry for the late post ive been super busy
but anyway i have some pictures of the cutting, ok its not 100% straight but im going to sand it all down

[details=Open Me]

goodbye ugly vent holes

ive also cut in to the back whic i will put clear acrylic in
[/details]

Progress is slow because I’m still waiting on a few things to come in The post and my funds are running low, but I’m determined to finish this mod!!!
anyway I’ve begun the spraying and here’s the progress so far! I’m waiting for a non windy day to spray it all correctly

[details=Open Me]

Painted b on the disk tray, it’s not perfect but I’m still working on it

Washed and drying all of the parts that need to be painted
[/details]

Looks like its coming all together nicely cant wait to see finished product

Some bad news, so I was spraying all of the peices until the nozzle decided to clog up and explode with this horrible red lumpy stuff which has ruined the paint job :anguished: hopefully I will be able to solve this!! Here’s a picture of what’s going on so far though

This will be interesting to see when it’s finished. I might actually do this to my red xbox to give it more of a design.

do like a gears of war things uk idk

Might have to, I’m a big fan of gears. But I already have my next case mod planned out :smile: