BioShock 2 Remastered Cheats and Trainer for Steam

I’m having a little trouble with your Trainer mod when I download BioShock 2 remastered from Steam it does not bring up your Trainer mod for BioShock 2 remastered so I mainly search for and it pulls it up but when I click search thing it says it cannot be found what can I do to fix this problem I even tempted to look for the files and it still says the same thing no matter what I do I even installed the whole launcher and redownload it and it still doing it please help.

@RedDemone999,

I think the latest patch/update via STEAM, has renamed the game’s exe file, hence you are having trouble finding the Game, imo.

What is the name of the main .EXE file of your BioShock 2 remastered copy ? If the EXE has been altered, then the trainer won’t properly detect the game.

Are you trying to select the main base Game folder under STEAM’s directory ?

What happens if you manually try to select the folder, where the main exe/binary is located, by clicking on the PICK FOLDER icon, as shown above on your screen ?

I think the trainer should work on the STEAM version, imo, else @STiNGERR needs to look into this.

Side note:

Try to attach and run Infinity, after the game level has been fully loaded, and check whether doing this helps or not. First, launch the game via STEAM.

After that, once the game level has been loaded, just ALT+TAB back to your desktop and start Infinity. Click on the START GAME button to switch back to the game.

When the icon says “End Game”, this means the trainer has been activated.

You can only change the installed path, if you get the FIND GAME button prompt on top right side. If it says, “START GAME”, then Infinity has already detected the game folder.

Click on the FIND GAME button, to manually select the game’s folder. This should automatically open the PICK FOLDER pop-up box and window.

1 Like

How Do I Find the EXE?

I don’t have this Game with me, buy try looking under this path, where STEAM has been installed, e.g. something like this,

C:\Program Files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\BioShock 2 Remastered\Build\Final\Bioshock2.exe.

I found it in this is all it says and shows.

1 Like

Okay, thanks for the screenshot and your prompt reply.

Yes my guess was in the right direction, as I think the executable file has been renamed to Bioshock2HD.exe, from Bioshock2.exe, IMO.

Though I’m not 100% sure, but for the first title which is, BioShock Remastered, the exe file name has been changed via the latest patch/update.

Give this a TRY. But first, make a BACKUP of the file you are trying to edit (“very very Important”).

Try to rename Bioshock2HD.exe, to Bioshock2.exe, and check whether doing this, allows INFINITY to detect the Game or not ?

Remove HD from the file name.

2 Likes

YES It worked thank you so much for helping me…

2 Likes

Okay, that’s good to know.

It looks like renaming the .exe should do the trick for now. But the trainer’s author/dev should update it for the latest STEAM update/patch, imo.

Anyways, enjoy the Game and the Trainer.

2 Likes

Can you kill and attack enemies in Ghost mode cheat, stingerr ?

Hi

I’m having the same problem that RedDemone999 had. Unfortunately, renaming the .exe is not working for me as Steam refuses to launch the game if the filename is changed, throwing this error:

If anyone could help, I’d really appreciate it. Thanks!

I was having this doubt, because ‘RedDemone999’ didn’t fully confirm the above workaround.

BTW, what happens if you launch the game by clicking on the .EXE file, which is Bioshock2.exe (after renaming), instead of starting the Game directly from the STEAM client ?

If you continue to face this error, then you need to wait for the trainer DEV/author to update the trainer.

2 Likes

Ah, perfect! You’re absolutely right - if I launch the game by doubleclicking the renamed .EXE to bypass Steam, allow the game to load to the level and then launch Infinity and click Start Game, the cheats are enabled and the whole thing works fine.

Thanks for your help Nick_666 - much appreciated!

Thanks for the update, by confirming the workaround. Btw, I hope the game is worth the purchase as well, having a slight visual overhaul (remastered version) ?

Some things here and there look better in the old version if you ask me, but overall the new one is nicer, gameplay and performace is good now, not sure if it worths the bucks if you have the old one.

->Candyland channel makes sweet comparision vids;

3 Likes

I’d pretty much agree with SprayPrey on this one. The graphical improvements aren’t really that incredible, but the game seems to run more smoothly and requires less tweaking. It may be worth buying in a sale if you’ve already played the old one but it’s certainly worth getting if you’ve never played it at all.

1 Like

Thanks to both of you, for the feedback. I will try to grab this title on STEAM, if need be.

1 Like

I am downloading the game right now, but in the meantime i have updated exe name in trainer. Test it out and also if there are any mods that aren’t working if anyone can list those in here so i can check them out.

3 Likes

I tested everything in BioShock 2 Remastered everything working perfectly fine thank you for the new update. Now you can add in to unlock all upgrades for weapon I think that would be cool…
:slight_smile: :grinning: :smiley:

1 Like

nice comparison video. the Bioshock devs could have done more visual upgrade btw, by enhancing all the graphics.

1 Like

apparently the version of the game I downloaded from steam is only a 32 bit version of the game which is not compatible with this trainer . is it possible to download a 64 bit version from steam? or is there another trainer out there ?