Can console Id be changed for playing a purchased game&DLC offline

I bought state of decay and all of its DLC a few years back on a different Xbox and re downloaded it and played it on my current Xbox. Quite a bit of time has passed since then and i no longer have an adapter to connect to live so is there a way for me to change the console id for the game and its DLC to my current Xbox?. The account on the current Xbox is the the same account i bought the game and DLC with so the console is the only thing that’s not the same.

You make it sound like it’s the same 360 that you re-downloaded it on and played it on a while ago. You shouldn’t need to manually change the console ID for it to work. If it’s a differnet console you’re trying to use you will need to do a license transfer through Microsoft/Xbox Live. So what is the issue you’re having?

So the Xbox i bought it on no longer works but i used to play it on the replacement Xbox(Which is the current one) but i don’t have a way to get my Xbox online anymore and as such i cant play the game or do a license transfer causing the game to be stuck as a trial

You can’t hook it up to a router with an ethernet cable? You don’t need one of those wireless adapters to connect it to the internet.

I don’t have a cable long enough i might look for one during the week but i was just curious if i could fix it by getting the games console id changed since my account did purchase it

Games requires a licence. You could modify the game files to remove the drm but then the retail OS would mark it as corrupted.

Console id is irrelevent. You can put your hardrive into another xbox and everything should still work.

I don’t know what else to say. If it worked on that console before it still should unless the license was transferred to a different 360 at some point. The ID should be right if you did play it on that 360 and it wasn’t the trial version.

You can learn about how DRM & Licenses work here: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/store/download-content#3ba05249835842c29ebc9530201a4515

Thanks for the replies Steve and Snake i think now i can assume the only solution is to get it connected to Live.The reason why it wont work offline now is because i never transferred licenses(and didn’t know about it at the time) since the game worked while on Live and at the time i used my Xbox a lot more

Yeah you either have to use the hdd from the first console or go through xbox live to dowload the licenses again.