Can i create my own cheats to use with WeMod and potentially publish them?

Hey, i’m interested in creating a trainer for a game, because i think it’ll be fun to do, and additionally i’m not interested in like working at wemod or whatever, i’m not interested in creating multiple or really updating it (though i doubt the game i have in mind ever will get an update)

I don’t mind if i can’t publish them on WeMod or anywhere else, but i would be happy to share if i can

Also, i don’t really enjoy using forums such as this one, i’m just not used to it - i asked the same thing in the discord and i’d appreciate it if you could answer me there instead, or ping me with a link to your answer here

Of course, i will be keeping an eye on this thread a little - i’m not just gonna post a question and say “answer the question in this other location” - but if you’re answering like a couple hours after i’ve posted this, i probably won’t be, and it’s just easier to me to keep an eye on discord

Hello and welcome to the community. :slight_smile:

WeMod’s trainer technology is proprietary property, it is not open source nor available to non-WeMod staff. So I’m afraid we cannot allow you to use WeMod’s technology to create your own trainers. WeMod’s tech is a tad more advanced than usual trainer making methods and requires extensive knowledge of assembly and coding, which takes a long time to learn.

Aside from that, allowing others to upload their own trainers to WeMod will cause a degree of disorganisation and chaos, especially when the uploader vanishes when an update is required. On top of that, there’s also always a risk of malicious third parties hiding shady or malicious software in their trainers who would use WeMod as a platform to spread that software - WeMod is proud to be the safest provider of trainers on the internet. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I completely understand you don’t want people uploading potentially malicious trainers to your site, but is there really no API for me to use the very nice and sleek UI for my own trainers?

And is “extensive knowledge of assembly and coding” really harder than usual ways of creating trainers? i thought that was just how in general you created cheats for a game, if this really is harder that the usual way to create such trainers, may you direct me to a technology that makes trainers easier than this?

Unless of course there’s a modding tool available for the game you’re trying to create a trainer for, in which case yeah there’s no need to reverse-engineer how it works and stuff, just use that mod tool’s API

Similarly, I also wouldn’t mind the option of creating trainers for various games where they don’t exist already and you have a great framework for this. I also do not want to be an employee or anything like that similar to OP but am very interested in making trainers for my own use.

Is there some option of an “unpaid consultant” type “staff member” that obviously wouldn’t work for WeMod, but would be able to access the technology stack as well as potentially post trainers for Review?

Completely understand that there are legal and organizational issues that need to be taking in to consideration, but I think it is something that you should at least discuss internally.

@Terrain2 @mferry13

No, there is no public API at the moment. We’ve talked about adding public trainer submissions in the past but decided it isn’t something we are interested in doing at the moment. It is a logistical nightmare and would require a major redesign of some of our systems. At the moment there are other projects that are higher priority. So yes, you might see it in the future but we would have no way to give you an ETA.

Making trainers for WeMod isn’t necessarily harder than making cheat tables as long as you understand AOBs and x86 ASM. It also helps if you have a basic understanding of the 3 or 4 big game engines, compilation methods, and some knowledge of low-level languages.

1 Like