Cannot Install After AVG Deleted Majority of Files

tldr

Used yesterday. Turn on PC today. AVG says “so many viruses!” so it deletes everything without choice. Cannot install (or uninstall) Horizon anymore.

I am a Horizon Diamond Member with Windows 10. I had AVG and now cannot use Horizon no matter what I seem to do. I have tried to install & run as Administrator to no avail.

I uses yesterday without fail, disabling AVG protection temporarily to install and use the program. Today, AVG decided that it needed to remove threats caused by Horizon. I could not find Horizon on my system anymore, though Horizon showed on my list of Programs. An attempt to Uninstall proved unsuccessful.

“The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package “Setup.msi” in the box below.”

The source points to: C:\ProgramData\Package Cache{919A1EF9-C88B-4C3D-B67E-032C82036359}v2.8.20\

I press Cancel and it says:

"One or more issues caused the setup to fail. For more information see the log file.

0x8007064c - The Installation source for this product is not available. Verify the source exists and that you can access it."

The only way I am able to uninstall the program is by using an Uninstaller Program which removes the program. This issue happens when I have AVG on, temporarily disable AVG, completely uninstall AVG, install as Admin, run as Admin and almost everything else I can think of. I cannot find any trace of Horizon anywhere in Program Files.

Any help would be appreciated.

Horizon is in the appdata folder not the program files folder. I highly suggest you just add an exception to AVG so it doesn’t continue to delete Horizon.

yea AVG has a hate on for you guys