Cannot install wemod

Hi.

So my problem is that when I try to install WeMod, I cannot install and get the error:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
Installation has failed

There was an error installing the application.
Check the setup log for more information and contact the author
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
I have gone to many other posts and tried to follow them but they do not work. I have tried:

1. Disabling my firewall
  2. Trying to delete the WeMod app inside Appdata/Local/WeMod but it says that the file is open in system so I can’t
  3. I have uninstalled all antiviruses and the only thing left is Windows Defender
  4. I have tried to use the offline installer option but it comes up with the same error.

This all happened after WeMod needed an update but then wouldn’t open and I got the error above.
Any help would be appreciated!

Hello and welcome to the community. :slight_smile:

Did you make sure to disable your antivirus before downloading WeMod? Even if it’s the default Windows Defender? Disabling it after WeMod has been intercepted will not un-delete anything the AV already deleted.

This is a Windows issue that has existed since at least Windows 98. The fix is to restart your PC.

Once you’ve restarted, follow the steps in this post, because it’s still most likely a firewall or AV blocking the download: I can’t Install WeMod / "There was a error installing the application" - #2 by Ravenfyre.

If that still doesn’t help, upload the setup log here on the forum in a .txt file or use PasteBin and share the link to it here. :slight_smile:

e p i c

Thank you so much! I tried restarting and then deleting the file and now it works because my last few brain cells I had were too dumb to think about restarting my computer! It works now, thank you.

vicory royal

1 Like

Hello there.

Thank you for the update. I’m glad that you are able to get it working now. :slight_smile:

Enjoy using WeMod and always feel free to pop into the community. Even if it’s just to grab a freebie from: Deals & Giveaways - WeMod Community. :slight_smile: