Can't install horizon

cannot install it setup.msi is missing. HELP?!!/?!?!??!

1 Like

Sorry to get your hopes up with the reply, BUT
I am having the same issue with infinity, getting the EXACT same error

1 Like

That generally means that your registry is pointing to the wrong location for the file or your AV is deleting it after it is extracted. I would download CCleaner and use the registry tool to get rid of old entries. I would also disable your AV while installing.

1 Like

Are you using a Mac?

keeps asking for a .msi file that doesnt exist for me a little help would go a long way

1 Like

Did you try what Chris suggested?

1 Like

yes i did indeed running windows 8 btw

1 Like

and still not installing… same error

1 Like

Go your C drive then programdata > package cache and sort by date. There should be two folders from the Horizon install that were created when you ran the installer. Make sure one of them contains the setup.msi. If not then I would boot into safe mode and try installing. I install the new version of Horizon with every update to make sure there are no issues and still haven’t had an issue with setup.msi missing.

1 Like

What if he isn’t an expert on computers like i am?

I said i’m not an expert on computers.

Are you confused?

1 Like

No, it was just for people who didn’t know that i was saying it the first time, i meant i’m not an expert on computers like he might not be.

i actually tried that b4 i posted on this topic checked for an extra folder there isnt one also it seems its trying to load from the cd drive now

1 Like

tho its possible the installer just doesn’t like windows 8

1 Like

The installer works fine for Win 8, I just re-installed on my Win 8 laptop yesterday.

So you did run the registry cleaner in CCleaner?

1 Like

yes any particuler option i should have chosen?

1 Like

In the registry cleaner I would have all of them selected. If you’re new to CCleaner make sure you’re running the registry cleaner and not the regular cleaner.

1 Like

damit it was one with the same name as the real one but whats the site for the real one

was an ad site to buy it but is it free?