Cant install

when i try to install i get a message saying please wait while we install the required files and then i get a message saying the files cant be downloaded :(. i have previously had wemod installed on this pc but have gone into %appdata% and deleted all files and have also tries with windows defender off but still no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

also before i deleted the launcher no games would load cheats as it would say we are having trouble downloading the files

Hello there.
This issue is most likely caused by an antivirus program.

1. Remove WeMod from your computer if you haven’t already, using the Add Or Remove Programs tool, which comes with all Windows PCs (use the search feature in the Start menu to find it).
  2. Turn off your antivirus software. Even if it’s the default Windows Defender.
  3. Download the installer from https://api.wemod.com/client/download and install the software.
  4. Add WeMod as an exception in your antivirus before you launch it.

If you have either of these, there are additional steps:

• Comcast / Xfinity - click for instructions.
  • BitDefender - click for instructions .
  • A school/college/university internet connection - use a VPN, there is an extra antivirus program on the school network that you have no control over.

thanks guessing it is uni wifi…

Yes, we’ve had a few people posting to say their educational institution’s internet security blocks WeMod.

Try Opera Browser, which has a free VPN built in. Or @User_N4m3 recently recommended this one to someone else in another thread:

1 Like