Cheat is not disabling after toggling OFF

Hello all
I downloaded the trainer for the Master Chief collection and used it to temporarily allow for unlimited armor in Halo 2. However, after toggling OFF, the shield remains in its unlimited form (and appears in purple) throughout the rest of the level. It only goes away when progressing to a new mission.

So when a cheat is activated it will stay through the rest of the level even when toggled off?

Could you advise? This is the first time I’ve downloaded and used a trainer, so sorry if this is a noob question.

Thanks!

Without taking a look at the code I’m just taking a guess here but the trainer probably sets the value to something extremely high(9999999) and there is no way enough damage could be done to get through that amount. When you start the next mission the game resets the value to what it should be.

I see… ok, thank you! I will take that into account next time.

I thought the effect of the cheat can be toggled on and off on the fly. Maybe it was naive of me, I’m not a programmer.

Hello
So yeah, before, when switching to a new mission, all cheats would be reset. However, i just used one at the tail end of a mission, but when moving to the next mission, it stayed in place, and I am unable to get rid of it. It’s marked as "off’ in the client, I restarted the game and restarted the computer.
It’s still in effect.

Any suggestions? Why isn’t turning these off in the client turns them off in the game?

Thanks.