CPU Overclock problem!

Hi guys, so after searching around the internet for a solution to my problem I’ve ran into a wall.

I’m trying to overclock an i7 4770k from 3.5 to 4.2.

Now quite some time ago, I managed this and all was good and stable.

Due to me not paying attention and being really tired I accidentally reset my bios to default settings. (That was a mess to clean up.)

Now, for some reason every time I OC to 4.2 (Even gradually: 3.6, 3.7, etc. ) My OC will not stick at all.

What’s stopping my CPU from Overclocking?

Note: I also just re-installed Windows.

Let me know if I can provide any information that could be helpful.

What do you mean your OC wont stick? What are you changing in your BIOS?

One sec I’ll upload a picture.

EDIT:

It’s changed in the bios but, won’t stick in Windows.

Have you ran something like prime95 so your clocks will max out? You could also disable downclocking so it always runs at the max CPU multiplier. Every BIOS is different and without being in front of it I can’t really tell you what you need to do differently if anything.

Under 100% load, CPU speed didn’t move at all. Temp was awesome though.

My Bios has no option for downclocking. Think you can teamview me and see if I missed something in Windows?

The Overclocking pic above is the only tools the mobo gives me to OC. This worked once before and I literally just changed the Core Ratio Limit, saved it and bamm, OC’d. I don’t understand what’s changed.

There is nothing outside the bios that would keep you from overclocking. What mobo do you have?

HP 2AF3

Stock for the HP Envy 700-074.

My bios is in Legacy Mode as well.

I’m not familiar with HPs bios or any options in it so I’m not going to be of any help. When you go back into the bios did it save your settings or do they revert to default on reboot?

Settings are saved.

Turn off anything that has to do with C1E and turbo mode.

No settings for any of that. :confused: