Dark Souls II: Scholar Of The First Sin problem

Hey, so I recently got Dark Souls II: Scholar Of The First Sin edition, but oddly enough Infinity couldn’t detect it. I tried to find the proper folder myself, but I think I selected the wrong folder, so I can’t start the game through Infinity. There’s no option to re-select the folder or anything; how do I fix this?

You can’t select wrong folder.

What is the error you’re getting? and steam or cracked version?

I think I did; I clicked “use this folder”, and it didn’t say anything along the lines of “cannot use this folder” or anything. I have the Steam version, and the message, word for word, is:

NOT COMPATIBLE

These cheats are only compatible with the 64-bit version of Dark Souls II: Scholar Of The First Sin. Make sure your game is up to date.

Is your game 32bit? DS2 and DS2 SOTFS are two different games. Maybe you selected ds2 ?

Anyhow, you can clear your installation by using this tool - ICDV2.bat - or manually by deleting %appdata%/daring development folder.

No, I’m sure; I didn’t buy the regular DS2, just the Scholar edition, and I selected the proper trainer.

Thanks, I’ll try that.

Update: It turns out, I actually did buy the regular DS2 (I opened the SOTFS page in the internet but opened vanilla DS2 in Steam); Infinity still didn’t automatically detect (which is why I didn’t catch onto the problem sooner) it but I was able to manually find the folder and open it.

Sorry, the problem is more me than Infinity; buying the SOTFS edition at a discount now so there should be no further problems. Thanks!

1 Like