Destiny | Rants & Randomness

just reported you for reporting me for derailing the thread

Simple rant for the day is Oryx is annoying and I wish the mechanics were a bit simpler. IMO I think that last fight is just a bit much and I believe a nerf would do it some justice or at least the mechanics.

I’d say Golgoroth needs a health nerf, His health is just too damn much.

Well, unlike the Vault of Glass and Crota’s End, this raid was originally designed for Hard Mode so I’m sure we have another thing coming once the higher difficulty is released for us to enjoy. Now I will agree and say that the Oryx encounter is pretty hectic and that it takes a lot of communication, but I’m sure with time we’ll all find the encounter easier than the first time through!

Originally, it seemed as if everyone was struggling with Golgoroth and suggesting that it was the more difficult part of the raid, but, now that there are guides in tackling the raid, I don’t believe Golgoroth is that difficult. Granted, I have yet to fully start or finish the raid, but I’m not nervous.

The farthest I’ve gotten to in the raid so far is the sisters. We always start late and by the time we get any headway everyone gets tired and leaves.

I thought Golgoroth was pretty easy. We did the 1 gaze strat, had one guy on thrall duty, and the rest for DPS. We killed him before he spawned taken enemies. Or maybe that team was just really good, because we beat the Warpriest with 2 glyphs standing.

All I’ve gotten so far is the ghost shell and the warlock chest piece. I have 22 shards, so I’m hoping when I finally get to kill Oryx I get some useful items like guns.

As far as them nerfing the mechanics of the raid, I have to disagree. Vault of Glass had interesting mechanics, but they were really simple. Step on this plate to open portal. Easy stuff. Then Crota’s End came out, and people were soloing the raid on hard because it had such simple mechanics. Boring. A lot of people complained about it and pleaded Bungie to release a raid driven on puzzles and complex mechanics to advance stage to stage. They held their end of the deal. Over time as we level up and get better gear this raid will become trivial just like the rest, anyways.

Well beat the raid for the 2nd time yesterday, the mechanics are very simple if you have a team that knows what they’re doing and listens. Got my Touch of Malice yesterday as well, it was hard to use at first. But once you unlock all the upgrades for it and get some practice with it you’ll get used to it.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/Gear/1/4611686018429552778/2305843009215168628

Edit: For some reason bungie.net doesn’t want to show my Touch of Malice on my gear page, I can assure you I have it though. The emblem I have equipped proves it. You get it at the same time you complete the quests to get the gun.

I don’t believe you

Check my gear page now, it updated finally.

I couldn’t say it any better!

…the people want the raid to be difficult so Bungie makes it difficult, but, in the same breathe, the raid is so difficult at first that people complain about it being too difficult and not being able to complete it. Like we’ve been saying, once we all get used to the mechanics of the raid we’ll all be breezing through it like we do with the previous raids.

Not a rant more of just sharing my experience today. I got matched with a cool community of people who had been struggling with this raid like myself and it would seem I was the missing part to that engine. We beat Oryx on our 2nd Attempt and the communication was great and the raid went smoothly. So happy that now I can say Iv’e experienced and Beaten all the end content… Hard mode can blow me though haha.

One of the guys I play with regularly HATES the jumping puzzles in this game. We were hunting ghosts last night…

No rant just happiness. Iv’e never heard so many happy people at one time. I sherpa’d four groups through the Oryx Raid and just the genuine happiness and gratitude they had towards me was amazing. Pretty much explained the mechanics and gave them tips and now some where out there in this Universe are 25 newly converted raid pros in the making.

Come to 360 and help me beat the daughters & oryx. I keep finding ****ty groups and my crew hasn’t even touched the raid yet

I’m up for helping you (if you think I’m better than these people in the groups), I’ll be on later though. Haven’t touched the raid yet though.

They were bad groups because the communication sucked. Kinect mics and what not. If you have to mute the people in your raid group you shouldn’t be in that group lol

They were from LFG. I just ran to a corner where they couldn’t see me pull out my ghost to head back to orbit

That’s awesome to hear man!
…I was once forced in using DestinyLFG if I wanted to complete any weekly activity like Vault of Glass or Skolas, but, after using the site for a solid two or three months I had enough of the players that was looking for help and promised myself to never use that site again. (Ex: Joining a Skolas checkpoint with people requesting Gjallarhorn/Experience/etc. yet they had un-leveled weapons or zero idea what they were doing.)

Anyways, on either Thursday or Friday, a group of friends and I defeated Oryx; majority of us for our first time. It was challenging at first and made some of us want to quit, especially after getting him super close to death twice, but we pushed on and came out victorious! Technically we still have to progress from the beginning to the Warpriest to truly say we’ve beat the whole raid, but, from what I’ve read and heard, it isn’t anything as challenging as Golgoroth or Oryx so we’ll get that completed before the weekly reset.

Another day of happiness woot woot, Wake me up when Destiny 2 is out.

Source Of Happiness

Is that foe collecting the fragments?

Yeah man.

Seen a video on how to get it. Looks like it would take a while. I haven’t even attempted the raid yet.