Destiny | Rants & Randomness

I’m sorry but your memory is fading. Bungie stated before the release of TTK, that the horn would be replaced by a far superior weapon - the sleeper simulant. They created a ton of hype for a terrible weapon. If they learned so much about boss killers like the black hammer, why did they create an exotic version of the gun that drops at max light level? Oh, and the strike boss you have to beat to get it? He’s sitting at a cool 302 light, but I guess that doesn’t count as end game content right? :laughing:

All in all, the gun is a glorified sniper rifle. It only holds a maximum of 9 rounds, has a short range fusion rifle scope, and has a long charge rate like the Queensbreaker’s Bow. There’s no reason to waste an exotic slot on this thing if you have a blue sniper rifle over 280 attack or better. The exotic perk is beyond useless unless there’s more than one major/ultra grouped very close together. It’s a gimmick gun.

Good on you for completing that quest twice though, since you can pick up an identical 280 SS from the exotic kiosk after acquiring the gun.

1.) Please find and share the article where Bungie specifically stated that the Sleeper Simulant would be the weapon to replace the Gjallarhorn because, since the weapon can now be acquired, I have yet to read any post concerning the disappointment in it not being a second god-like weapon.

2.) Prior to The Taken King releasing, Bungie did talk of the Sleeper Simulant and go into great detail concerning the weapon, but I think the community around Destiny hyped the weapon up more than Bungie ever did. (If you are one who views r/DestinyTheGame than you’d know exactly what I’m referring to) Anyways, they are supposed to get us interested in the new content and you know as well as I do the people want to know everything about the content before its even released so they teased us all with certain things that would get us to purchase the new content. (ex: Telesto, The Chaperone, etc.)

…they probably choose the Sleeper Simulant as the “lets go into great detail about” weapon because it’s one of the only weapons that they felt wouldn’t spoil much of the new content, but, in the same breath, is something they are proud of and wanted to share because it has an ability no other weapon has within the game. (Plus, it’s the first Special weapon that goes in the heavy slot.)

3.) Really? Anyone who or knew of the Black Hammer knew that it was an exotic weapon in a legendary shell. With that said, they retired the original Black Hammer and created the Black Spindle because they knew they had created a very powerful legendary that could make a very nice exotic. Granted, with revamping the White Nail perk it kind of goes against the original Black Hammer, but it’s still a very nice weapon to use if you can land your shots!

Oh, and Bungie has already made notice that the weapon wasn’t supposed to drop at 310 ATTACK; they announced that the same day the Black Spindle was discovered thus released an update to change the level upon being dropped; those who got the weapon from the start got to keep the prize.

4.) Lastly, with the definition of “End-game content” having a multitude of different meanings I guess one could say that the mission in obtaining the Black Spindle is worthy of being called “End-game content”, but I tend to think of that said content being content that requires one to be max level; that said mission doesn’t require that…it could easily be beaten with a Light Level of +285.

Sleeper Simulant wise, like you mentioned, I do believe the weapon isn’t anything too special in which one should lose their mind over. It’s a very unique, situational weapon, but I still think it’d be best if players used their swords for when things get out-of-hand. (I recently acquired the Raze-Lighter and it can one shot a Hallow Knight.)

Nuff said…

Calling it a piece of junk is being a little generous if you ask me. I think of it as being an actual usable No Land Beyond with considerably less ammo.

This was said from Datto’s mini review of the Sleeper Simulant:

“…a lot of people have been asking how it compares to G-horn because of that Game Informer article named making the next G-horn in Destiny or whatever it was. I think that the article was not exactly trying to compare numbers but specifically be the journey of making an exotic that will standout for whatever reason; it wasn’t supposed to be a literal damage comparison or anything like that…”

When you [Zodiac] made your comment I figured that was the same article that you were going to mention, but, like I said earlier, I don’t recall reading any article where it was directly stated. Again, I definitely believe the community surrounding Destiny hyped-up the weapon and learned a valuable lesson in why they shouldn’t; at least it isn’t Dreg’s Promise useless…

Gameinformer Article: LINK

A few things I accomplished yesterday in Destiny:

• Completed my two Sleeper Simulant quests.
  • Acquired the Dark-Drinker. (Exoitc Sword - Void)
  • Found 44/50 Fragments on my Titan. (So close to having a second Touch of Malice)
  • Decrypted a Legendary Engram - Special weapon for a Telesto.

guy muted me for the rest of the raid after this incident

They wanted the Sleeper Simulant to stand out and I can say they have successfully achieved that but not for any good reasons. Kudos to Bungie for over hyping this PoS exotic but knowing Bungie another series of nerfs will probably occur to all the other weapons to make the Sleeper seem somewhat valuable.

FINALLY, last night I hit 300. 301 already! My life is complete, now I can get my exotic sword.

I’m 201! Best that sucka :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT: Are you playing on the SexBox One?

No, my Sexbox 369 is serving me well :wink:. I might upgrade soon though.

You must! I only have “Horney” and SniPaZoR from the site on my list. And with my availability, it’s not easy catching them online to play Destiny with. I guess you could say I looking for friends :cry:

Feel free to add me fool :stuck_out_tongue:

You can add me as well, I’m always on: Guardian Azrael

Added.

Added.

The new Fatebringer is supposed to be Imago Loop… Anyone found the following;-

• Vision of Confluence alternative
  • Ice Breaker alternative (or any weapon that replenishes it’s own ammo)

There’s a scout floating around that’s supposed to be like VoC, but I forget what it’s called. The only things close to the ice breaker as far as ammo regen go are invective, black spindle, and the raid sniper with the cocoon perk

That’s a great sniper, high fire rate and what I think to be decent impact.

I haven’t gotten lucky enough to get that one yet. So far I have the auto rifle, scout rifle, hand cannon & fusion rifle. I love the cocoon perk though. I can unload a full scout clip, then a sniper clip, by the time I switch back to my scout it’s already reloaded and ready to go.

Just ran my 49 year old friend through the raid for the first time and he had a blast. He picked up on the mechanics super fast and we didn’t really have any issues until the relic wouldn’t get picked up at Oryx due to lag/glitches/general destiny BS. Everyone got some good loot so it felt good to help them all through even though I’ve already looted it this week.

I’ve ran the raid twice and have got the pulse, sniper, fusion, the chest and the bond. I’m hoping that on Wednesday when I do the raid I can get the scout and some raid gear (Gimme Gauntlets Baby RNGesus).

Glad to see you helped an overall gaming veteran! The mechanics can be a bit hard at first, even I had some difficulty!

As for VoC the alternative is “Tread Upon Stars” but I personally use the “Hung Jury” sold by Dead Orbit and it’s just amazing, I think of it as my VoC 2.0 and in general it just seems like an all purpose weapon you won’t regret.

That’s what I use. I even infused my raid auto Rifle into it.