Destiny | Rants & Randomness

Honestly, for right now, since you’ve only been playing the game a week, I’d recommend you just progressing through the “story” and getting yourself accustomed to the game entirely. I’m sure that may sound boring, but Bungie has a certain way of doing things in missions, strikes, raids, etc. and if you’re unfamiliar with those ways then you’ll be lost. (You said you have a friend you play with, have him/her show you the ropes and progress you through the various content.)

While getting used to the game and everything it offers you’re obviously going to need to pick up better gear/weapons. Prior to The Taken King expansion the best and only way to get the best-of-the-best gear was by completing the end-game content; which “Yes” requires six other players. But, now though, with infusing and such, you can easily gain others by turning in engrams. (When turning them in to the Cryptarch make sure you decode them one-by-one to ensure getting the highest light level possible.) (ex: Say you have two engrams. Turn the first in and examine what the piece of gear. If it’s better then what you currently have equipped then use it. Lets say the piece is. Put that newly acquired piece on and then turn in the second engram so you can then try and get another, higher light level piece since you just equipped the the other higher piece. Get what I’m saying?)

Obviously there’s A TON of stuff for you to learn and get accustomed to so we’re here if you have questions!

A few helpful Destiny sites:

• [i]Destiny Statues[/i]
    – Is very helpful in keeping track of your Grimoire score, character progression, Weekly completions, etc.

• [i]Public Events Tracker[/i]
    – Depending on which planet you’re on, can give you a pretty rough idea on when a Public Event starts.

• [i]Destiny Subreddit[/i]
    – Like all subreddits, r/DestinyTheGame is a central location for everything Destiny related. It’s something I highly recommend those who play the game follow because there has been so many different things in which I wouldn’t have found out on my own. (ex: Strategies, Hints, Updates, Secret Weapons, etc.)

• Crucible Playbook
    – Similar to the main Destiny subreddit, it’s a central location to everything Crucible related. Granted, this may not be something you’re concerned with right now, but, if you’ve been known to dabble in the multiplayer side of games then this subreddit is a great place in learning which weapons, perks, setups, etc. are all desirable and “best” for you to use.

Welcome to Destiny and enjoy!

10/10 post, you can go back into hiding now

there may be other ways to get high gear but the highest will likely always come from the raids.
Year 1 (without The Taken King) - highest gear is around 170.
Year 2 (so far) - highest gear is 320 (from heroic kings fall raid) outside of raid is 300.

Trials of Osiris also drops end game gear at 310-320. And you don’t even have to go flawless to get some of it.

I pretty much got the basics down, light level is currently sitting around 292 (keeps dropping cause I’m using Hung Jury / 1000 Yard Stare). I’ve been doing strikes (lvl 36 since it’s faster, not sure if heroics are better) like non stop, is this like the fastest way to get engrams? Main Character atm.

Thanks for the info / resources also.

Heroic strikes do drop more legendaries for me.

Strikes are a good source for loot in my opinion. Not to mention the engrams that drop just by playing through the mission. Continued Strike runs are supposed to increase the quality of gear your get but I personally don’t feel it’s 100% true.

What platform you playing on?

Xbone.

the multiple strike bonus only raises the higher gear chance very slightly for every strike you do, so yeah it’s can be a waste of time depending on a few things like time taken and how many times you die along with the amount of kills ect.

If you ever need a extra fireteam member, feel free to send me a message!

GamerTag: TR0Y v2

On top of that, the bonus only stacks twice. So you play 3 strikes, and it no longer increases the drop rate after that.

Bungo pls nerf you’re nefs.

Ran the hard raid all the way through finally!

Things I got:
~ 320 Gauntlets.
~ 318 Rocket Launcher.
~ 318 Warlock Bond.
~ 311 Ghost Shell.

Protip: If you’re at 310 light or above, don’t even bother with normal mode anymore

Normally this would be common sense, but some people will still insist on running normal first for “double drops”

We ran normal first, and then when we ran hard, no one got rewards for Warpriest or Deathsingers. Some didn’t get anything for Golgoroth either.

Ran HM again today on my titan and got nothing but shards, and harrowed 302 boots, which I already had a 312 version of. The RNG on RNG should stop being so ****ty someday

the last 2 weeks on warpriest and golgoroth all i got on hard mode was mouldering shards and an atiquainted rune the rest of the runs gave me 310 gear or lower so your lucky to get above 315 gear, and i’m getting seriously pissed about the drops i keep getting.

All I got from my first 3 runs was shards, so I feel your pain

So… Err… Who’s up for Vault of Glass? :expressionless:

Got a Y1 Red Death from Xur this week, so happy.

I’ve been at Oryx on HM with my team for the past EIGHT hours. We get him down to 10% and he claps and kills us. Or we kill the shade and the screen fades to red and we wipe. We’ve gotten him down to the last bombing phase so many times and the game just keeps ****ing us in the ass. We tried switching hosts 3 times to no avail. Seriously pissed off at this point

Edit: We gave up at the 9 hour mark. **** this game.

the thing is complain on the bungie forums about the bad drops or disconnection errors or anthing bad about the game you get people replying and call you a scrub and stuff like that, i’m starting to think they have people to run around on the forums to say things like that.