[Destiny] - Which Bounty?

Well, I just turned in a group of bounties to receive my first exotic bounty, but I don’t know which to choose. I’ve been reading the different requirements for each bounty and am thinking of going for the Super Good Advice, but I just want to know other peoples opinions. (ex: My buddy owns Bad Juju and says it’s potato; he also said Fusion Rifles are amazing weapons?)

Thanks!

#1 - Shattered Memory Fragment - Fusion Rifle - Pocket Infinity [Weapon Image]

Task:
  • Obtain a Damaged Ghost from Venus’ Shattered Coast somehow. (found here)
  • Kill a Vex Gate Lord in a heroic story mission to obtain Restored Ghost. (can be found in Eye of a Gate Lord)
  • Bring the ghost to The Speaker to obtain Fusion Rifle Schematics.
  • Bring the schematics to the Gunsmith to obtain Depleted Exotic Weapon Core.
  • Dismantle 10 rare or higher quality Fusion Rifles to obtain Charged Exotic Weapon Core.
  • Bring the core to the gunsmith to obtain Unstable Prototype Fusion Rifle Frame.
  • Kill enemies in epic activities to obtain Stabilized Prototype.
  • Bring the prototype to the gunsmith to finally obtain Pocket Infinity.

#2 - A Voice In The Wilderness - LMG - Super Good Advice [Weapon Image]

Tasks:
  • Find A Mournful Gun by opening loot caches on Mars.
  • Buy an ammunition module from Xûr for one Strange Coin to obtain A Recalcitrant Gun.
  • Bring the frame to the Gunsmith to obtain A Pleased Machine Gun frame.
  • Kill 500 enemies with a machine gun to obtain An Enthusiastic Gun.
  • Bring the frame to the gunsmith to obtain Super Good Advice.

The quest structure of the Bounty may differ from player to player; in some cases, the player can find “A Recalcitrant Gun” directly from the loot chests in the first phase of the tasks. Therefore, the structure is so far confirmed as follows:

• Find a A Recalcitrant Gun by opening loot caches on Mars.
  • Bring the gun to the Gunsmith to obtain A Mournful Gun.
  • Buy an ammunition module from Xûr for one Strange Coin to obtain A Pleased Machine Gun frame.
  • Kill 500 enemies with a machine gun to obtain An Enthusiastic Gun.
    (note: kills give 1 point, headshots give 3 points, kills with rocket launchers takes 5 points)
  • Bring the Frame to the Gunsmith to obtain Super Good Advice.

#3 - Toland’s Legacy - Pulse Rifle - Bad Juju [Weapon Image]

Tasks:
  • Complete a weekly Heroic or Nightfall Strike to obtain Toland’s Journal [Fragmented].
  • Bring the journal to Ikora Rey to obtain Toland’s Journal [Fragmented].
  • Complete 25 additional strikes to obtain Toland’s Journal [Encrypted].
  • Bring the journal to Ikora Rey to obtain Toland’s Journal [Decrypted].
  • Bring the journal to the Gunsmith to obtain Black Market Coupon.
  • Bring the coupon to Xûr to obtain Darkness-infused weapon frame.
  • Bring the weapon frame to the gunsmith to obtain Darkness-infused Pulse Rifle.
  • Obtain 10,000 points in the Crucible to obtain Sated Pulse Rifle. A Titan or Hunter kill or assist is worth 25 points, a Warlock Kill or assist is worth 75 Points.
  • Return the weapon to the gunsmith to finally obtain Bad Juju.

I like the style of Bad Juju. That’s the one I’m doing right now. But to answer your question, go for the one you think you will use the most.

I’m not trying to insult others and what they went with or are going for…I just ask my buddy a lot since he’s Lvl. 28 and has beaten a lot of the stuff I have yet to even touch because I don’t have many people who are Lvl. 25+ or play on the Xbox 360.

Anyways, I was thinking of going with Bad Juju because I used The Strangers Rifle for a period of time and thought it was pretty good, but once I got an assault rifle that had more attack I retired it.

Again, I’m thinking of going for the Super Good Advice since I haven’t played PvP yet; no one to roll with.

Bad Juju is terrible and there are many good legendary and exotic shotguns it seems, so go with the Fusion Rifle.

After finding out the Bad Juju is terrible I figured I should go for the Super Good Advice, but I’ve read that Fusion Rifles are amazing?

They are completely overpowered in PvP, so yup.

Uh, I haven’t played much PvP because majority of people are playing Destiny on the X1 or PS4, but I guess I could get the weapon so whenever I do plan on going into PvP I’ll be set; than again I’m sure Fusion Rifles will be nerfed prior to be diving into PvP. (even though for majority of games I’m more interested in multiplayer rather than Story/etc.)

Thanks for your feedback Sean!

Edit:
Well, I just compared the stats between each weapon, Fusion Rifle and LMG, and I’ve decided to go with the Fusion Rifle. One, like Sean kindly pointed out, if Fusion Rifles are very strong in PvP than it’d be nice to have a strong weapon once I start venturing into Destiny’s PvP. Two, the weapon is classified as “Damage 396” where as the LMG is at “Damage 260” which would be dumb to get considering I already have a few legendary weapons in the “Heavy” slot that exceed Attack 260.

Thanks to all who replied.

*For anyone who still checks this thread out, I’m still trying to complete the Nightfall Strike and Vault of Glass so if you play Destiny on the 360 than don’t be shy to PM me your GT.

here are a few other bounties that give unique exotic weapons.

Shattered Memory Fragment
Reward: Pocket Infinity (Fusion Rifle)
Steps:
1: Obtain a Damaged Ghost from Venus’ Shattered Coast somehow.
2: Kill a Vex Gate Lord in a heroic story mission to obtain Restored Ghost.
3: Bring the ghost to the speaker to obtain Fusion Rifle Schematics.
4: Bring the schematics to the gunsmith to obtain Depleted Exotic Weapon Core.
5: Dismantle 10 rare or higher quality Fusion Rifles to obtain Charged Exotic Weapon Core.
6: Bring the core to the gunsmith to obtain Unstable Prototype Fusion Rifle Frame.
7: Kill enemies in epic activities to obtain Stabilized Prototype.
8: Bring the prototype to the gunsmith to finally obtain Pocket Infinity.

A Dubious Task
Reward: Invective (Shotgun)
Steps:
1: Talk to Ikora Rey to obtain A request from Ikora Rey Part I.
2: Complete a total of 5 strikes without dying to obtain A request from Ikora Rey - Completed .
3: Return to Ikora Rey to obtain A request from Ikora Rey Part II.
4: Earn a Kills/Death spread of 25 in the Crucible to obtain A request from Ikora Rey II - Completed.
5: Return to Ikora Rey to obtain A request from Ikora Rey Part III.
6: Complete a weekly challenge mission to obtain A Clot of Darkness.
7: Return to Ikora Rey to obtain Invective [Uncharged].
8: Purchase an Invective component from the Gunsmith for 50 special weapon ammo packs to obtain Invective [Charged].
9: Return to Ikora Rey to finally obtain Invective.

Toland’s Legacy
Reward: Bad Juju (Pulse Rifle)
Steps:
1: Complete a heroic or epic strike to obtain Toland’s Journal [Fragmented].
2: Bring the journal to Ikora Rey to obtain Toland’s Journal [Fragmented].
3: Complete additional strikes to obtain Toland’s Journal [Encrypted].
4: Bring the journal to Ikora Rey to obtain Toland’s Journal [Decrypted].
5: Bring the journal to the gunsmith to obtain Black Market Coupon.
6: Bring the coupon to Xûr to obtain Darkness-infused weapon frame.
7: Bring the weapon frame to the gunsmith to obtain Darkness-infused Pulse Rifle.
9: Defeat guardians in the crucible to obtain Sated Pulse Rifle.
10: Return the weapon to the gunsmith to finally obtain Bad Juju.

A Voice in the Wilderness
WARNING: There is something messed up with this quest. Some people report doing the thorn sequence, while other report doing the super good advice sequence, but everybody agrees that you get super good advice.
Reward: Super Good Advice (Light Machine Gun)
Steps:
1: Find a A Mournful Gun by opening loot caches on mars.
2: Buy an ammunition module from Xûr for one strange coin to obtain A Recalcitrant Gun.
3: Bring the frame to the gunsmith to obtain A pleased Machine Gun frame.
4: Kill 500 enemies with a machine guns to obtain An Enthusiastic Gun.
5: Bring the frame to the gunsmith to obtain Super Good Advice.

An Unknown Patron
WARNING: An Invitation could be a separate bounty, which would explain why there is one weapon with apparently no bounty. This would make Fate of All Fools the reward for An Invitation, and the reward for this bounty would be Thorn.
Reward: Fate of All Fools (Scout Rifle)
Steps:
1: Win 5 crucible matches to obtain An Invitation.
2: Bring the invitation to the bounty tracker to obtain The First Test.
3: Perform feats of skill in the crucible to obtain The First Test - Completed.
4: Return to the bounty tracker to obtain The Second Test.
5: Trade Mote of Light for Osiris Coins.
Use the coins to compete in the Trials of Osiris. If you loose 3 times you will need to use another coin.
Earn 10 wins on a single coin, or 25 wins total in the Trials of Osiris to obtain The Second Test - Completed.
6: Return to the bounty tracker to obtain The Third Test.
Perform kills, headshots, and killing sprees with any scout rifle in the crucible to obtain The Third Test - Completed.
7: Return to the bounty tracker to finally obtain Fate of All Fools.

There is one weapon unaccounted for. Here are the last part of the chain to obtain it. It is also possible that this is the continuation of An Unknown Patron, and An Invitation is a separate bounty that doesn’t start with Vanguard Mentor Missive. It is also possible this weapon isn’t in the game.

Thorn (Hand Cannon)
Somehow obtain one of the following (possibly in someplace called Charlemagne’s Vault).

Corrupted Thorn Sequence
1: Somehow obtain Corrupted hand Cannon.
2: Bring the weapon to Ikora Rey to obtain Corrupted Thorn.
3: Kill Xyor, the Unwed (apparently in epic Summoning pits).

Corrupted Hand Cannon Sequence
1: Somehow obtain Corrupted Hand Cannon.
2: Bring the hand cannon to the speaker to obtain Corrupted Hand Cannon.
3: Cleanse yourself and the weapon with an infusion of light (I assume this is the thing you buy from the speaker for a Mote of Light).

Depleted Hand Cannon Sequence
1: Somehow obtain Depleted Hand Cannon.
2: Use void damage to defeat Guardians in the Crucible to obtain Depleted Hand Cannon.
3: Harvest the energies of hive on the moon (I assume this means kill).

One of the three sequences above will give you Unbound Thorn.
Return to the speaker to finally obtain Thorn.

happy hunting

Fusion rifles are op but the charge time on pocket infinity looks so slow so you’ll probably end up getting killed every time in pvp. I recommend going for the super good advice it it looks all around amazing plus the stuff you have to do to get it looks really easy.

How do you get exotic weapon bounties?

Well, just so you know, I already accepted the bounty titled “Shattered Memory Fragment” so I could get the Fusion Rifle rather than the LMG thanks to Sean highly recommending it as a good PvE and PvP weapon. Again, I’ve stated it multiple times, I haven’t ventured into the PvP side of Destiny yet because I don’t have many Xbox 360 Destiny players, majority play on next-gen., and I know for a fact I’d get placed on the team with players that have no clue what to do even if they have played PvP longer than I have. (I’d pick it up very fast since I participated in the Beta and am accustom to FPSs)

I’ve said it once, but I’ll say it again, thanks to a little bit of comparing, the Pocket Infinity has “Attack 396” where as the Super Good Advice is only “Attack 260”; I have a few legendary heavy weapons that if I were to upgrade fully would do “Attack 300” and still have Solar/Void damage.

In the end I’m sure I’ll be happy with my choice because it seems as if a lot of high level players use Fusion Rifles to help them get out of many difficult situations; I see the weapon as a weapon to help get rid of the pesky Wizards that tend to hide once I put a number of sniper shots in them. (Attack 242 with Solar damage)

All I did was turn in the group of bounties that were assigned for the day and I was given an exotic bounty from Xander 99-40, the guy in the Tower responsible for bounties. I’ve also been turning in every bounty since I picked up the game on Monday so maybe you are rewarded with an exotic bounty when you turn in enough bounties. (I haven’t turned in any Crucible bounties, just PvE)

I’m always doing bounties but doing more crucible than vanguard.

The fusion rifle if very OP online. One burst of it kills a guy. You’ll die a lot from that and shotguns online.

I don’t know what to tell you man, Sorry. I’ve read a lot of posts on the Reddit page and, like majority of replies on here, people just say to complete a lot of tasks, without going into specifics. Like I said, all I did was turn in all of the Vanguard bounties that were posted and I was gifted an exotic bounty, but than again I’ve been turning in all of the bounties each day since I purchased the game so maybe you have to reach a certain limit prior to the game gifting you one.

As for PvP, I’ve read that Crucible seems to be Auto-Rifle/Fusion Rifle/Shotgun heavy so I’ll be sure to roll with a set team that knows what they are about to get them self into prior to venturing into Destiny’s multiplayer.

Best of luck and thanks!

i now have 3 running at the same time it doesn’t help me as i can only run 2 other bounties now.
the thorn bounty i’m on the last quest
tolands legacy for the bad juju pulse rifle 3rd part
A Dubious Task (for the second time) for the invectus shotgun quest part 1

Same, I too am currently sitting on three exotic bounties so am having to complete two bounties, turn them in, and request for more. (I’m currently working on the Pocket Infinity, Invective, and Super Good Advice)

finally finished all 3 got the bad juju on friday along with invictive and thorn on monday (awkward final bounty)

How are you guys getting all these exotic bounties? I still haven’t even gotten one. Is it true that you have to complete 30 bounties within 3 day to get an exotic bounty?

i know i have been turning in bounties none stop and still nothing i even done the PvP one and Pve to where i had 1-2 left i didnt do and still cant seem to get the stupid npc TO GIVE ME ONE

I made this thread two weeks ago, when I was gifted my first exotic bounty. Since then I’ve been gifted more exotic bounties by simply turning in a ton of Vanguard/Queen bounties. No one knows exactly how one can earn exotic bounties, but it seems as if they are rewarded with that exactly method…turning in bounties. I know there are people that are doing the same exact thing I’m doing any not getting gifted an exotic bounty, but, just like with engrams, the system runs off of the RNG feature so you could seriously turn in one bounty, gifted an exotic bounty, turn in another bounty, and be rewarded another exotic bounty.

Again, there isn’t anything special one can do to increase their chances of earning an exotic bounty for themself, you just have to continuously turn them in and get lucky.

P.S.
I’ve been turning in Vanguard/Queen PvE bounties rather than Crucible. It’s not that I’m against the Crucible, it’s just the reward system is broken and I haven’t found a solid team to run multiplayer with. (all my normal Call of Duty/Battlefield/Gears of War/etc. friends/teammates are either on separate consoles or no online at all.)

Best of luck!