Detect already running game

I’m not sure if this has been asked for or not, and I’m not sure what to search for since I’m not really sure what I would call it (though the “Your topic is similar to…” window-pane pointed out a couple of threads that were similar but not exactly what I’m looking for).

Essentially, I’d like to know if it’s possible to have the WeMod desktop app detect that a game is running already and attach to that instance instead of needing to click “Play”.

Reason why I’m asking: Lately, I’ve noticed the WeMod desktop app (on my second monitor) goes solid dark-slate-blue colored with no form widgets while I’m playing the game. This means I need to close down WeMod and re-run it. This is not the end of the world by a long-shot, except that when I re-run WeMod, the only option is to click Play, which means it’s going to instantiate another instance of the game instead of just attaching to the already running instance. The game is still running just fine, I just needed to re-run WeMod because the UI stopped being repainted or something.

I’m guessing the issue with what I’m asking would probably be some form of dealing with UAC, but I feel like it could be done and would definitely provide a better experience.

Yes you can do that with most of the trainers , start the game first then alt tab out then click play in wemod after game has started. Some need to by pass eac which needs patched first

gotcha, ok thanks! I was thinking that “Play” would -always- start a new instance, not necessarily bind/attach to the existing one…

2 Likes

I can definitely understand the confusion, we’ll be working on better implementation for game detection in the future :slightly_smiling_face: