Disc that work with burner max + XGD3

I figured we would get a thread going. I know everyone uses different disc so I figured we would compile a list of disc that work. Please don’t post if you have only burned one though and make sure that you verified the disc also and didn’t just burn it. I will add them to OP

Format:

Brand:
Model/UPC:
Burn Speed:
Drive Model(124b-164B):
Link to disc on amazon/any site(if you have one): 

Brand: Verbatim
Model/UPC: 95310
Burn Speed: 2.4
Drive Model(124b-164B):124B
Link to disc on amazon/any site(if you have one):http://www.amazon.com/Verbatim-95310-2-4x-6x-Recordable-20-Disc/dp/B000GHWRIK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1319844911&sr=8-1

Games Burnt: Burned BF3 with no errors and 100% verify.

Model/UPC: 023942970002
Burn Speed: 2.4x
Drive Model(124b-164B): 324B
Link to disc on amazon/any site(if you have one): FRYS.com*|*VERBATIM

I have burnt Forza 4, BF3x4, and 007 Reloaded All 100% verified

BF3 worked for me

Model/UPC: 023942970002
Burn Speed: 2.4x
Drive Model(124b-164B): 324B
Link to disc on amazon/any site(if you have one): FRYS.com | VERBATIM

I have burnt Forza 4, BF3x4, and 007 Reloaded All 100% verified

Read this thread for memorex discs.
Memorex and XGD3…how I got them to work.

Seems memorex works with it.

I use that brand and model… definitely the best.

He is asking for people who have used certain discs and know they work and what they work with.

Yeah just thought that thread could help :S

I wouldn’t even bother with memorex. Right now they **** up. I’ve tried 5 of them

Idk read that thread I posted. Seems like a lot of people are getting it to work, which is weird.

Brand: Kodak
Model/UPC: MBIPG101R10A
Burn Speed: 2.4
Drive Model: iHas-124B
Link to disc on amazon/any site(if you have one): Amazon.com: Kodak 50121 Double Layer DVD+R DL: Electronics

I have successfully managed to get BF3 working after a little firmware tweaking.

What do you mean by firmware tweaking?

With an iHAS 124 B i tried Verbatim and a few other discs with specs that measure up to verbatim. i get to 49% and it fails, and when i played the game (Skyrim) i got to the menu, selected new game, and i left it on the loading screen overnight cause i fell asleep. its still loading. it has no frozen. theres mist rising from the screen. and music is playing. anyone have this problem?

Model/UPC: 43667
Burn Speed: x2.4, x4
Drive Model(124b-164B): Dont use iHAS DVD Drive
Link to disc on amazon: Verbatim DVD+R DL

Battlefield 3 x5, Forza 4 x3, MW3 x2, LOTR x2, Sonic, Driver x4, Rage x2, GOW 3 x3

Do you have to have verify on when burning games using imgBurn?

Kodak are the **** man, i get a 50 pack for $26 with free shipping, had 4 coasters :confused: but who cares it was my fault for moving my laptop while it was burning.

I finally figured out the best settings on my end. I just re-burned BF3 disk 2 and 3, Skyrim, and MW3, and installed each one to your hard drive 100% It’s funny how people try and make you spend more money then you need to. Even after getting the game to install to your hard drive people will still say the quality doesn’t match up to Verbatim. It’s pretty funny because getting the game to install 100% shows that the burn had nothing wrong with it, meaning it was a perfect burn.

what disk did you use?

Look at the previous posts before posting please, but anyway he used Kodaks

I keep getting problems when im burning xgd3

In imgBurn set the specified layerbreak to 2133520, set 2.4x burn speed and when you go to burn the game it will come up with a message, click on the truncate one, and then you shall be all good in the hood.

Well we all know Verbitam work with XGD3. You should add a spoiler at the end of the original post with links to the cheapest Verbitams in all countries.

I got 10 for £8 which is good enough for me, less then £1 a disc. I just need to make sure I set the settings up correct before attempting a burn. I may try different media eventually, if Verbitams become hard to come by at a reasonable price.

I think someone got DataWrites working with XGD3 over at Team-Xecuter and wrote a really long article about blank media. I will look for it and edit my post later.