Does gamestop check to see if a console is banned? Close

Nah man. They just check to see if it works offline.

Got to agree with the people who say this is a little shabby.

With the exception of a small local games shop, the nearest one for me that is part of a chain is close to 30 miles away. Since I don’t drive, a return bus ticket costs £6 ($9), so yeah I’d be pretty upset that I’d have to pay that again to return a banned console.

Sure in the end it is the store that is going to get the complaints but I just wouldn’t feel right doing it and trading in a banned console.

That would suck to buy a used console and find out its banned. Thats one of the reasons i don’t buy used stuff.

And that in turn makes you a piece of ****. It’s assholes like you that ruin things for other people.

Don’t hate the player, hate the game. Just so you all know, it wasn’t your favorite game stop he traded it in at :stuck_out_tongue:

Just another notation. Though we have jtag sections that support discussion and encouraging modding of the xbox console, putting many companies in less of a profit margin… and on the other end of the table you all are worried about buying a banned console from a gamestop? Stop helping these fools mod them if you don’t want them misusing them. Just a thought for all you people filled with “good” morals :stuck_out_tongue:

They plugged an ethernet cable into mine, but they still took it. IDK WHAT THEY CHECK FOR.

Why is he a d*ck? Not everybody plays Xbox online.

Oh look! You’re assuming things. I don’t mod my consoles at all. The most I do is a save game edit once in a while. I play my games legit.

No, but a good chunk of people do so chances are the person who will now be ****ed because of this douche likely will.

quit complaining. youre not going t ed up with it so who cares. if they get mine thats banned and want t play online then they can just go trade it back in. they should just stop being so cheap and spend the extra $50 on the new slim 4gb console thats brand new

mods please close

Not everyone can afford it. So don’t be a **** and trade it in.

It’s funny to see the people ranting on about how “that’s such a **** move”. I mean its not like GameStop sends the consoles in to be cleaned and does any kind of refurbishing and they surly can’t be like “Oh Microsoft we where tricked into buying a banned xbox. can you unban it for us?”

Here is the real answer. It all depends on how they are required to do it at that store, some check fans, some check ports, some check LIVE. They are all required to check the warranty sticker and see if it will play a newish game (not saying they will do all this but they are suppose to). And they aren’t going to call the cops on you. They will just be like “What is this?! Trying to pull a fast one on us huh??”. So I would trade it in to a GameStop you don’t go to often just encase.

Well they have no choice but to return it. It is Gamestop’s fault not his, they should accept any console because they can send them in to get refurbished, they are just too lazy.

They check if it’s banned or not now. If it is they will not buy it. How do I know this? Cause I was in line to buy Assassins Creed Revelations and me and my Dad are good friends with one of the employees and he said they check them now since a lot were being brought back without them knowing… Until now when they get complaints so they check them now, at least at the Game Stop where I live

And the simple fact that they take your id when you trade things in, DO NOT go to your local gamestop…

Each Gamestop is different…I know that I tried to sell a perfectly good model to them for credit (worked fine no ban) and they wouldn’t take it cause a warranty sticker was missing. Some bs that’s for sure I just sold it on Craigslist and was done with it…Gamestop takes advantage of the customer and the developers and everyone loses but them.

That doesn’t help at all, on w/e console your logged into, all your information is there. You can not delete it. and when you sign into live its all sent to ms

then get off your ass and get a job. its an extra $50.

mods close this. ive asked like 4 times lol

Don’t buy a used console?

Problem solved.

TROLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL someone on this site has a conscience still?

Closed.