Doesn't exit when "...minimize to the system tray when you close the app" is turned off

Doesn’t exit when “…minimize to the system tray when you close the app” is turned off. Goes to background services and takes a constant 16%-18% cpu.

When you really need to turn it off, u can go to the task manager (usually on the lower right of your taskbar, depending on the version of windows you may be using) and exit the program.

This settings eliminates the tray icon and is supposed to exit the app directly.

That option works fine for me. Nothing in the hidden icons and nothing in Task Manager.

Same issue here as OP, though I noticed it only seems to hide and hog CPU resources (~16% on my PC as well) if the “Play” button was clicked on a trainer for an installed game (basically, if a trainer was connected to a game .exe). If the WeMod client was just opened and then closed, without clicking on “Play”, it closed normally, without leaving behind any hidden processes, leading me to think this might’ve been done intentionally to mask the CPU usage from casual observers.

(In my case, the only games I currently play are Stellaris and Galactic Civilisations III, and this happened with both after clicking the “Play” button in the client to run the games, even if I didn’t actually activate any trainer option, and then closing the games and the client.)

Because of the above, and because, to my knowledge, this only started happening after they updated their EULA in early May, I assume mining shenanigans are involved.

We can confirm this is an issue on some PCs and plan on looking into it as soon as possible. We’re not sure what causes it, but one of our team members was able to make it happen as well. For now, please keep “Close to tray” enabled, and exit from there. Very sorry for the inconvenience.

3 Likes

It happens anytime for me even if it just open it and close it without touching anything else. I guess there are multiple related behaviors.

Thanks. Also, I meant background processes and not services but you guys probably realized that once it was duplicated.

1 Like

@pharlock @ShEsHy A potential fix for this was released in the app’s beta channel. Can you please confirm? You can switch to the beta channel in app settings. It may take a minute for the app to update after switching. Thanks!

1 Like

@frank Updated to Beta channel, and did some quick testing (opening and closing the client, as well as running my two games and their trainers via the client), and it looks like it’s fixed. When closing the client, all processes ended.

Great! Thanks for getting back. We’ll have this in the stable channel within the next week.

1 Like