Dragon Age 2 Modding

It worked! I forgot to actually save my work. Ran everything and it’s working fine now. Thanks so much for the tutorials! This is going to be fun!

sweet man

When I finish the modding my save has only 2MB and it doesnt load on the xbox ( it says that the save is corrupted), but it shows as an valid save. Any idea what i’m doing wrong?

What is the file size before editing?

Are you replacing the modified Savegame.das and Savegame.das.x with the originals?

What are you using to extract Savegame.das and Savegame.das.x?

Any chance for the model ID for " Staff of Violation" aka Orsino’s black dragon staff and " The Staff of Parlathan" which is a staff you get for free when signing up for the BIOWARE news feed letter, it resembles the staff Hawke uses in the " Destiny" CGI promo trailer.

Thanks in advance x

Before editing is 5MB. I´m replacing both of them and im using modio ( this new version 3.0). Any chance is because of modio?

P.S.: Thanks for the fast response.

Now I am guessing on the Staff of Violation but I am 80% sure it is gen_im_npc_wep_sta_orsa

Staff of Patathlan is prm000im_parth_staff

If that isn’t the Staff of Violation then I will open up my save that beat the game to check.

Try using wxPIRS or even Horizon

I use wxPIRS since I have Windows 7 SP1 and Horizon crashes on startup and I use Le Fluffie for injecting since I seem to have bad luck extracting using that

Thank you sir.

Well, I used wxPIRS to extract and Le Fluffie to inject, just like u, the file now has a normal 5MB size but still marked as corrupted. Do you think that maybe it´s because the file was eddited once by firstblight mod tool? Srry for the trouble! =)

FirstBlight shouldn’t do anything unless you did it after you replaced the .das and .das.x

FirstBlight should be used before extracting.

Did you use Hashblock to rehash/resign?

I used FB before this edditing, and yes, I used Hashbock. Is it ok for me to decribe everything that I do step by step so you can say what´s wrong? I think it would make me stop bothering you faster.

yeah its ok

1- Extract save file 0x70ff0009_1_u!1 from usb using USB xtaf explorer.
2- Extract savegame. das and savegame.das.x from the save, using wxPIRS.
3 - Use gff4editor-0.5.2b ( on .DAS) to mod my equipped chest amor for the champ one and save. Just this piece for a test.
4 - Use Dragon Age Checksum Fix on both extracted and edited files.
5 - Use the Le Fluffie to inject the files into the save, replacing the old ones.
6 - Use Xbox 360 Hash Block Calculator on the save.
7 - Put the save file back to usb using USB xtaf explorer.

Basically thats it, didnt go for minor details because I think the mistake might be in these listed actions.

Will most likely use this if i get DA:2

I’m having a problem with doing this. (I’m trying to change my character model)

Here is what I’m doing:
-Extract savegame.das and savegame.das.x
-Open the Dragon Age Editor and edit the appearance_type and appearance_original_type (or whatever it is, but I’m doing the 2 that you said to edit)
-Save and then close the program
-Open up the checksum fix and choose savegame.das for the first time to pick the file and savegame.das.x for the second time to pick the file
-Replace the original savegame.das and savegame.das.x with the modified versions
-Open up hash block calculator and calculate hash blocks
-Put save back on hard drive, it’s 844kb instead of 5mb

I don’t exactly know what I’m doing wrong. I tried several different times and still doesn’t work. Can you do a little bit more in-depth tutorial… I hate it when the tutorials are bare minimum.

But other than that, thanks for doing all this.

From those steps it should work
upload your save and I’ll mess around with it

That sounds like an issue from when the .das and .das.x are being extracted/overwritten

Modio seems to extract poorly so you shouldn’t use it. Use wxPIRS to extract and Le Fluffie to overwrite

Here it is:

0x70ff0009_1_u!1 - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

Hope you can edit, so I can mod all my saves. Thanks for the attention.

With this would one by able to mod the Champion armor onto Hawke to wear it before act 3?

If so, do you know the IDs for the hood, chest, boots, and wrists?
And I am looking for the mage ones

Thanks

The problems people are having in regards to corrupt saves and incorrect file sizes is almost certainly caused by use of a poor modding tool. I would recommend against using programs such as Modio and Le Fluffie and instead using a more stable tool build such as 360Revolution - XPG

I use Horizon. I can’t stand Modio. But I’ll try your method and see if it works.