Dual Monitor Assistance?

So, my new arrangement in my room warrants a dual monitor setup finally, but I ran into a problem. I’m using a Panasonic 32" tv I believe, with Intel onboard graphics, so I have the Intel control panel to configure settings. Now, the problem I run into is that when I change the settings for the tv, the recommended resolution leaves part of the screen cut off all around. I’ve tried using the horizontal and vertical scaling sliders to fix this, but they don’t go far enough. Aside from that, the recommended resolution will make everything tiny and centered. These pictures will show what I mean. Any input is greatly appreciated, I really want my tv up to par for being a secondary monitor.

[details=Open Me]
[/details]
To be completely honest, I’m pretty new to this, so I may have the wrong settings. Going mostly by default. Any specs you need, just let me know.

Is your TV 1080p? What’s the max resolution you get on your monitor?

Might be that your integrated graphics can’t handle a resolution that high.

Are you using the Intel Graphics Properties then?
I for sure remember trying to fix this exact issue when doing a class at work. I can’t remember off the top of my head where it is located in the program but what I remember doing it creating a new profile for the TV where I was able to customize resolution. One of the other options to customize has something to do with underscan.

EDIT: I Google’d a picture and I am not sure if the program even looks like this anymore, but something like this.

The TV is 720p (http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-VIERA-Series-TC-L32C12-32-Inch/dp/B001UE6M9S) and I’m not sure what the max resolution I can get on the monitor, but newegg has some specs for it (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009262)

Travis, I saw that last night, but some of the settings on there I didn’t want to mess with just in case lol because I didn’t fully know what I was doing. I might look it up soon, but timing standard and underscan I don’t know what to do with yet.

Underscan is the thing messing with your screen. You need to set underscan to 0. It basically zooms in on the image. Overscan will leave black lines around your screen.

I tried that, but it’s still not right. I’m trying different resolutions, and it’s still zoomed in.
EDIT: I found a program called PowerStrip that lets me mess with some settings, and for capabilities for the TV, it said 1600x1200 (75kHz/85kHz), so I tried that resolution. As far as width is concerned, it’s perfect, but height is too short/has black bars around the picture. I tried adjusting it under custom resolution, and it wouldn’t do anything… Really confused.

bump.

Adjust the under-scaling in the HDMI settings. That’s what was wrong with mine when using an HDMI cable. Try using a VGA/DVI cable. Most TVs support VGA (Blue one.) and you can get a DVI -> VGA adapter for like $2. with VGA I never had an issue and I’d use it on the screen I do websurfing and basic **** on, not gaming. Although I barely notice a difference.