Exciting changes coming to WeMod!

2018 was a wild year for WeMod. We had a complete design overhaul, released Version Guard, added a game update request system, and made numerous updates to the backend.

Support for the app has been tremendous and in 2018 trainers were played a whopping 10 million times!

With massive growth, comes growing pains. We are aware of some of the confusion around requests for games/updates, and we know some games in WeMod have out-dated trainers.

Rest assured we’ve had our heads down working on permanent fixes for these issues. Going forward there will be better transparency into trainer compatibility and reporting when something is broken. You will see these changes released in the WeMod 6 update very soon.

Screenshots:

On top of the app updates, we will be bringing on more Trainer Creators, increasing our support help, running giveaways, and making frequent updates!

Let us know if you have any questions, comments, or concerns in a post below! Or as always, feel free to send us a private email at support@wemod.com

9 Likes

Will the new trainer creators be able to take over work of already created trainers, or whoever created X trainer will be the only one to update X trainer?

7 Likes

:slight_smile: I certainly hope this rule changes, because as of now? It’s not helping anyone.

1 Like

Yep! There’s quite a few trainers that are in need of this. Creators will be able to make trainers for games that already have one, and the app will select the one that’s compatible with your game version.

1 Like

If a game has expansions,would it be possible to have a checkmark or something that displays if the trainer is compatible with said expansion? I’m asking because it’s been an issue with a few games i’ve played.

2 Likes

Great idea! Thanks for the suggestion.

Maybe, instead of each DLC requiring its own trainer, you could auto-detect if they own it, then give the option for players to toggle cheats for the dlc on, which could add / remove new items.

This really depends on the game. Some games have DLC that completely change the EXE. If you just mean supporting new content like weapons, skins, vehicles, etc., then this is most-likely possible. Were you thinking of any game in particular?

I’m just a free player, but I very much appreciate what you guys are doing. At this rate, I’ll be upgrading to Pro before long… Probably tonight (I’m eyeing that black theme). I’m glad to see the project is being taken seriously and expanded upon. You guys rock!

I do like the idea of toggling between available DLC, when it’s separated from the main game. I haven’t encountered any games where I’d like this specifically implemented, but it’s a grand idea.

May I also recommend that, for games with a large amount of options (as someone with 4 monitors), a setting to pack all the options on to the screen. Elaborating on that… I keep WeMod up on one of my monitors; I often have to click out of a full-screen game to scroll up/down, viewing the hotkeys for the rest of the available options. Perhaps adding a button for the visual effect of crunching all available options in to a grid selection which shows all options on the screen simultaneously. I don’t know the logistics behind it, but there’s a ton of dead space between each line option on an FHD/UHD screen.

@frank Sorry for not replying earlier, I have 1 game, and that is TBOI Rebirth, the reason is, instead of 2 trainers, 1 for Rebirth / Antibirth, and 1 for AB, (not even AB+), you could have 1 trainer, with 3 different tabs to the side, original would be Rebirth, then Antibirth, then AB, then AB+, for example, so instead of having 2 trainers (and 1 not included) for a single game with some dlc, it could just be like a “hub” to other trainers, so it doesn’t fill up the “Installed” category, it would be like normal, but just hidden so you don’t have to switch between trainers for dlc.

Link to the 2 trainers in example:

1. The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth / Antibirth Cheats and Trainer for Steam
  2. The Binding of Isaac Afterbirth Cheats and Trainer

@Andromachre if you use “Borderless Windowed” then fill it up to the gaming monitor, you should be able to switch without having to tab out, I’m not 100% sure about this, but I’ve heard of it before. There’s no risk in trying anyway.

This is true :grin: But I was referring to the WeMod options for any given game. For instance, when I play Far Cry 5 there are 28 options. I keep WeMod on monitor 1 and my game on monitor 2, so I can see the options while playing (and OBS on monitor 3 :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:). The issue is, really it’s just a minor inconvenience, it only shows 22 options on screen at a time. I have to head over to the WeMod software to scroll up or down to view the remaining options. On an FHD/QHD/UHD monitor, there’s a lot of empty real estate (space) in the row of each option; so I figured they’d eventually launch a setting to crunch these options down to fit all on the screen at once.

This is why we have a remote option