Far Cry 5 Cheats and Trainer for Steam

is there a need to bring the game on steam if we have it on uplay ? verify file work on uplay too ?

Ok, I have now reinstalled WeMod and Far Cry 5 and still nothing. The message “We’re having trouble loading the cheats into your game” appears at the same time the FC5 logo appears. Before that, I see a very short Uplay window popping up and disappearing and when hovering my mouse over the WeMod screen, it shows the blue ‘loading’ circle. So it’s doing something, but still fails.
So now that I have reinstalled everything, what should I do? I have given “All Users” all rights to the Common-folder in steam, as well as disabled my virusscanners, closed apps I’m not using, etc, etc. It worked pretty well before it broke a few weeks ago. I’m at a loss here…

The only thing I can think of is my MVPS-hosts file. Perhaps WeMod tries to access some site that is in my huge hosts-file. That could also be the reason why the installer says it cannot download WeMod and I have to resort to downloading it from another source. Does anyone know what site/URL the installer tries to reach?

Most likely it’s your antivirus or windows defender stopping it

You are probably right; I have completely shut off my virus scanner and Malwarebytes and re-checked the local files in Steam and now the trainer works. However:
…\FarCry5\EasyAntiCheat\EasyAntiCheat_x64.dll is 3KB in size while
…\FarCry5\bin\EasyAntiCheat\EasyAntiCheat_x64.dll is 701KB in size. Not sure how or why. WeMod seems to backup both files (since there are .bak-files in both folders) to the same 3KB size so now I’ll try enabling the various parts of Windows Defender and MalwareBytes to see what prevents WeMod from modding.

My cheats are working completely fine even though I have Far Cry 5 on UPlay. No idea why :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

Okay, here is what I did to make WeMod work with Far Cry 5 on Steam: If I just click the big Play button, WeMod patches EasyAntiCheat_x64.dll in the main folder and fails, no matter if I have enabled or disabled any virus- or malware scanner.

It seems to me WeMod patches the wrong file. In \FarCry5\EasyAntiCheat there are three files (amongst a few folders):
EasyAntiCheat_Setup.exe 762KB
EasyAntiCheat_x64.dll 3KB
EasyAntiCheat_x86.dll 595KB

When you click ‘Play’ in WeMod, it backs up EasyAntiCheat_x64.dll and places a new EasyAntiCheat_x64.dll which is also 3KB in size. Together with the splash screen of FC5, WeMod gives an error: “We’re having trouble loading the cheats into your game. Try restarting the game, or pressing Help for more info.”

Clicking Help does nothing at all.

So I tried just about everything but the next bit is the only way I can get WeMod to activate the trainer:

1 - In \FarCry5\EasyAntiCheat, make sure you don’t have a .bak file. Restore the backed up files. if you see EasyAntiCheat_x64.dll.bak, delete EasyAntiCheat_x64.dll and rename EasyAntiCheat_x64.dll.bak to EasyAntiCheat_x64.dll.

2 - Do the same in \FarCry5\bin\EasyAntiCheat. (notice we’re now in the bin folder) There should be (amongst a few folders) 3 files there:
EasyAntiCheat_Setup.exe 762KB
EasyAntiCheat_x64.dll 701KB
EasyAntiCheat_x86.dll 595KB

If you also see EasyAntiCheat_x64.dll.bak, delete the original and rename the .bak-file back to the original file (for example EasyAntiCheat_x64.dll.bak to EasyAntiCheat_x64.dll)

3 - Next, in WeMod, click in the down arrow right next to the big ‘Play’-button and click "+ ADD CUSTOM INSTALLATION"

4 - Browse to your FarCry5\bin folder and select FarCry5.exe and click “Pick This Game EXE”

In the future, when you want to play Far Cry 5 with WeMod, click the little Play button next to your custom made installation and it should backup \FarCry5\bin\EasyAntiCheat\EasyAntiCheat_x64.dll in a .bak file (701KB in size) and put a replacement EasyAntiCheat_x64.dll file in place which is only 3KB in size. After a while you should see “PLAYING” sitting neatly in the WeMod screen and you’re all set. No disabling of any virus- or malwarescanners whatsoever.
After you quit FarCry5, the original .dll-file is replaced by the .bak file, making it 701KB in size again. The .bak file remains in the folder but that’s ok. It will work the next time and the next, etc. At least, this works for me. Hope it works for everyone with this same error as well.

Hope this helps!

hi ive tried everything to get these cheats working but cant I have the game on uplay

1 Like

Excuse me there was a Uplay section in wemod, the one i used when game first game out the options in wemod on the game Started with Steam the to the right you click Uplay, there was 3 options on some games like added Origin so does this work on Uplay anymore

Doesn’t matter someone says it works for both now

Like chris said before it works for both. He should know lol

It doesn’t work for me, I used this app before for other games with CE as well but for this one when I press the hotkey button ingame nothing happen

Random thing: Would it be possible to add the following options?

1. Doomsday rounds (High Explosives) for all guns?
  2. Fire immunity

@STiNGERR did someone remove steam version 1.11 trainer from wemod???

I’m gonna reach out to @frank but it seems some back-end stuff did some funny things, the latest version 16321 should be compatible with 1.11 on FC5 :stuck_out_tongue:

ok thank you instinct!! :grinning:

nice job!

The Far Cry 5 cheats have been updated!

Changes:

• Bug fixes and game compatibility improvements

Please post in this topic if you run into any issues!

Hello there, thanks for this trainer.
Now, I just got FC5 and attempted to run this trainer. But whenever I click ‘‘Play’’ it gives me:

Could someone help me? I have no idea why it would be running the ‘‘32-bit’’ version while I have a ‘‘64-bit’’ OS. Can’t find any solutions on the web, so decided to go to the source.

I am using the Steam Version btw

Regards,
Holt

I have trouble with wemod on my game. I can’t seem to use unlimited stamina or oxygen or movement speed and some other cheats. does anyone know how to fix this problem?