Far cry 5 isn't working

i was clicking bin but it just says “far cry 5”

You don’t click bin. You select the base game folder

yeah I did. I went to steam and then steamapps then clicked common, and finally Far Cry 5

i have the same problem. for couple days ago all cheats is perfect work. now i have the same problem. dasnt find the game!

anyone some idee???

Same here. I’ve pretty much given up on the cheat. Just doesn’t work. Can’t find the game, and when you do the “fix” and select the executable, the infinity client comes up, looks like it recognizes the game, but there are no options in Infinity to click on for the game. Used to be able to click “play” and let the infinity app launch it but there are no options.

It all worked fine until Ubisoft sent out an update about a week ago and not it no long works. I’ve unistalled everything multiple times. Just doesn’t work anymore.

It has worked since the game update. There will be an update shortly to fix v4 launch issues.

Still not working for me!

I’ve not been able to get F5 to work either. Can’t drag and drop the game icon, nor link up the game exe file.

Still not working for me either. I just uninstalled everything… Uplay, Infinity, and the Farcry5 game and reinstalled it all from scratch. What used to work for me was to launch the Uplay client first and log in, then launch the infinity client and let it launch FarCry5. The infinity client seems to recognize that I have the Farcry5 game installed as it’s in the “Owned” category and comes up, but there are no options, just the name of the game, and a column with Game News on the right. No option to launch anything or set anything.

If it helps, my system is a brand new Windows 10 Pro build, i9-7980XE CPU @ 4.2 Ghz, 64 GB Ram, EVGA Dark X299 board, EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 graphics, M.2 960 Pro C: Drive (2TB). Win10 is fully patched.

1 Like

Some progress! With the latest Infinity client patch I just received I now have the options that allow me to launch the F5 game. However hitting the Play> button results in an error: “Far Cry 5 requires special file patching to use cheats, but we were unable to patch your game. Please close the game if you have it open. Otherwise you may be running an unsupported version.”

The game was not open and running. I get the same message whether or not I load the Uplay client first before starting Infinity. Even starting the Infinity client by itself with nothing else running results in this error when attempting to start the game in this fashion.

Is there some way of completely resetting the Infinity client and causing it to look for everything as if it was it’s very first time to run? I have a feeling that even uninstalling it results in some residual settings someplace, like in the registry or something. I couldn’t find anything in the registry for it after an uninstall.

Update:
I was able to hover over the Play> icon on the game and delete the path. So now it’s in a “Game not found” state with a FIX button. Dragging the F5 icon to does nothing. Option “B” is to find the farcry5.exe file as it wants the executable, not the directory the game is installed in. Picking it and hitting play just results in the same error message as above.

Having the same issue, hopefully there’s a fix soon.

I found another thread with people having the same problem… apparently it’s a problem if you’re using Uplay instead of Steam, which unfortunately I am. I’m just waiting for an update to fix if they can.

For anyone waiting and not in discord

“a fix for that will be released tomorrow. It happens only with the Uplay version.”

It is the same with me, I can for some reason not find the base folder of the game, and this was after the recent update, ever since I haven’t been able to launch Far Cry 5. I am using the Uplay version.

Download the game, the game needs to be downloaded otherwise there will be no files.

Already have it downloaded, it worked fine before the Infinity update with the new layout and what not, then it suddenly won’t find the folder, or load in anything.

You need to manually select the exe. The trainer is made for the steam version so it will only automatically find the game if you have the steam version.

Woot… the latest update works for me.

This is ridiculous! It is now June 29 and mine is still not working on this game! I uninstalled and reinstalled everything 3 or 4 times and it’s beginning to p*** me off!

can we please get a fix i got farcry 5 uplay edition looking forward to cheating but now it does not work. my friend did it when it worked and now he has all the good stuff. this is a problem that has been going one for a while can we please fix it