Farcry 5 Fix [NEED TESTERS]

I think I may have found a soultion to Farcry 5 crashing. This is a long shot and I’m hoping someone can be a tester to see if this solved it or not…atm my Uplay being a asshat and not letting me sign in…

I figured out that sometimes your TEMP folder can cause crashes within a game nearly 100% of the time on Nivida drivers.So this little guide may fix it… I’m hoping it does, if it works for Assassin’s Creed it may work for Farcry 5. Idk I’d like to see people try it at least.

Step 1.

In order to fully troubleshoot the problem that you are having, please try the steps below:

1. Run the Uplay PC client as an administrator.
    Navigate to the Uplay executable file on the hard drive.
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher
    Right-click on the executable file and select to Run as Administrator. ( Go into Uplay either via shortcut on your desktop or on in where you’ve downloaded it to. Go to Properties and into compatibility and check " Run this program as an Admin"

2. Install Windows Updates:
    Click on the Windows Start button and go to All Programs --> Windows Update. In the left pane, click “Check for updates” and if any are found choose “Install updates.” You can find more information on Windows updates HERE.

3. Make sure the drivers for your video card, sound card, motherboard and processor are up-to-date. Running 2 cards in SLI or running 2 screens can also cause issues. Deactivate SLI or unplug any additional screens you may be using. If you are overclocking, try running at the stock clock settings.

4. Clearing your temporary files:
    Go to the Start menu on your Desktop. Press the Windows key and the letter R at the same time.
    Type in %TEMP% and press Enter.

Select All (Edit > Select All or Ctrl+A).
Click the Delete key.

Note: If you are using Windows 7, you will need to press Ctrl + A together to highlight the files. Once the files are highlighted, you will need to press the Delete key.

1. If you know how to OC or set your computer to OC mode then please do that.

2. Also turn off your FXAA is the final step for further testing…

Right click on your desktop screen and select Nvidia Control Panel

(upload://8HNJGZQT5yhO8MFt8mBDhc4NZB7.jpeg)

Click on Program Settings, next add Farcry 5 (if not already added)

Make sure FarCry 5 is added…and then go to the FXAA and turn it off…

UbiSoft Assassin’s Creed Crash
UbiSoft General PC Troubleshooting

All I know is it worked for me I played forever and I’m happy as a cucumber in the hot sun! :laughing:

Pictures…

1 Like

BTW they say remove the extra screen but it worked flawlessly with my 1080p screen and my HP 1280x720 HP screen as my secondary

[EDIT] Also you can do the rest of the guide throught Uplay but it didn’t really help me only the first part I posted. You can see the full guide on my Ubisoft General PC Troubleshooting url…

your effort is commendable :clap:

idk if it will work for others but it worked for me and ACO and FC5… anyways let me know everyone if this is the solution