Forever Loading

@rregan00 Is your game’s installation folder (or Steam’s library folder) hard/soft linked to another location?

I’ve seen this a couple of times before. In those cases it was because the user had linked the game’s launcher to WeMod instead of the game’s executable. To make sure you have connected the correct executable to WeMod:

1. Launch the game. Wait until you are on the main menu.
  2. Launch Task Manager, find the game’s process.
  3. Right click the game’s process. Click Open File Location (if you see “Expand”, click this first.
    The highlighted file in the window that just popped up is the executable that needs to be linked to WeMod.

I don’t think that is the issue here given Dark Souls III doesn’t have a launcher and only has one executable.

Game\DarkSoulsIII.exe

I have tried everything you have asked and I have tried other things. I have gone to where Dark Souls 3 is installed and then linked that exe with wemod. Still the same issue.

Discussion moved to private message.

Edit: The issue with that the game was installed in multiple Steam libraries. The next WeMod update will include a fix to select the correct one.

Alright, Heres what I have.
So far, there have been a couple errors that I have noticed. One, when redownloading WeMod, The installer said it was unable to download WeMod normally and told me to download it using the Offline downloader. After it had finished downloading and quickly tested a couple game to see if it fixed (which it hadn’t) I hard restarted WeMod and opened it again and at the bottom left gave me “An error occurred while installing an app update, retry”. What happens when I press play is that it says its loading but stays like that for a seemingly infinite amount of time (27 minutes to be exact, not quite infinite). Its proven to be persistent through computer restarts, WeMod redownloading, Steam redownloading. as well as VPN initiation. Got any other tips to try? Thanks so much for taking the time to help me!

Since WeMod’s installer, update files, and cheats are stored on the same domain (storage-cdn.wemod.com), I suspect there’s something blocking that on your PC/network. It’s infinitely loading because it’s trying to connect to the domain to download the cheats. Are you on a business network or any network with a firewall that could be doing this?

After waiting 10 seconds for it to load, please go to WeMod’s settings menu, select Save log... at the bottom, and send me the resulting file in a private message. This should confirm it :slight_smile:

WeMod-1615480438947.log (13.3 KB)

Yeah, it’s failing to connect to storage-cdn.wemod.com to download the cheats. There’s nothing we can do on our end other than add more descriptive error messages and a shorter timeout period.

Check your PC or network firewall and your local C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts file to see why the domain is being blocked.

Darn, I did some investigating and it turns out that my school had put to use a new firewall that isn’t letting anything through like the last one did. I was previously able to bypass the firewall a few months ago but it looks like they got a new one. Thank you so much for helping me out, and Ill see what I can do to further enjoy your product!

Glad it’s working now. Do you happen to know the firewall they use?

Hey @AtlasRain. :slight_smile:

Glad to hear that the cause has been identified. I hope that you are now able to use WeMod through a VPN at least.

Did you click and read a link I gave you previously in this thread? Because the school firewall issue was actually mentioned in there:

No I did, and I tried to use ProtonVPN (because I don’t really want to spend money on a VPN right now) and it still didn’t work. At this point, im just going to go on Wemod hiatus until I can afford Nord or something else. No, im not sure where to find what kind of firewall they use, where can I see that?

I have just found that it was indeed the schools network that is blocking WeMod. Currently on a trip and used the wifi there and its working. Thank you so much for the help Frank and Ravenfyre!