FTL Faster Than Light Cheats and Trainer for Steam

Trainer works great. All the cheats work fine, but… game keeps crashing when I use them. I’ve had to verify the integrity of the game twice already and each time there was something that Steam had to re-download because it was corrupted or something. I’m assuming it had something to do with modding the game, but I don’t know enough about all that to comment on it.

I figured I’d say something because it ran fine the first day I used WeMod to play FTL, but ever since then I’ve had crashes after crashes usually if I try to go to another jump point. After two crashes my current save file gets deleted… which is annoying, but I know the nature of modding enough where it will happen and I can’t be upset by it… well I mean I can, but there isn’t anything I can do about it.

1 Like

Wait, there’s no trainer for the Epic Games version?

I have the same issue. Sometimes it even crashes when enabling the trainer, but mostly when I jump.

1 Like

Game crashes very regularly and none of the values for scrap, fuel, missilies or drones show up, regardless of whether the cheat is active.

i have had the game crash as well and so far ive found that if i only toggle on as needed it minimizes my crashing i suspect it has to do with it constantly trying to keep the numbers up on everything at once (health especially seems to crash a lot when left on for me but i tend to set health and keep my airlocks open 24/7 soooo) ile try a few tests later if nobody else does it first and see if i can track down whats causing it and post back here (:

edit 1. unlimited hull crashes frequently even if you toggle it, unlimited health alone has not crashed like i thought it would.

so heres what i have so far

above is the game before activating the cheat for steam.
below is the cheat launched without activating any of the cheats, so far if i play just launching the cheat but not activating any of the options i cant see scrap, missiles, fuel, or drones, however they have the standard amount and count down as normal.

so far if i play with only the bellow cheats active i have not had the game crash, it seems to crash primarily when activating unlimited hull. i have not tested shields in depth yet.

with missiles, shields, scrap, or drones active you can see the numbers, once toggled back off they keep their amount they had and continue to count down as normal but disappear again.

1 Like

Checking up on the trainer,still needs an update.Unlimited hull and unlimited shield don’t function correctly,also the game crashes every time you face the admiral ship in the final sector for the 2nd time.

The FTL trainer does not even work anymore. It needs to be updated or taken down.

It works for me, however, purchasing the Hacking station crashes the game without fail every time. I can only play w/o purchasing that particular station for my ship.

Hi and thanks for these Trainers, however it seems that my game is abruptly crashing about 10 minutes after starting the game in WeMod. I had to re-image my PC, so both Steam and WeMod are newly reinstalled as of yesterday. I’ve restored backed up game data and as near I can tell, my game is the most current version available.

The crashes occur after I’ve stopped at the first store and bought every item that interested me. The Trainers worked well otherwise, so if there’s some way to resolve this problem, I think I’ll really enjoy using them. Doubly as I tend to seldom make it very far with the base game, whereas having unlimited everything (basically) led to a far more enjoyable experience until it crashed.

I have consistently replicated this even after restarting the game and so far, it always crashes after visiting the store for the first time. It is unclear if that matters, but it seemed best to mention it just in case it’s useful. Thanks for any help for this unfortunate issue.

The game crashes evertime I toggle unlimited hull and when I loading in the trainer, the stats of fuel, missiles and droneparts disappears.

Hey everyone found out how to make the mods work. Launch the game first (from steam in my case) either load a game or start a new game and get to the point that you are controlling the crew/ ship. Then minimize the game or otherwise go to wemod and hit play, wait for it to load an voila all mods work, no more crash on unlimited hull. Im also running we mod as an admin. The Resource counters are also invisible on mine unless i have unlimited missles turned on, not sure why on that though. just leave that toggled on and it should clear it up.

Make sure you launch the game like this each time you want to use the mod, its not a one and done thing sadly.

When launching from wemod i found drone parts doesnt work and the unlimited hull/ health related things were crashing it. but this work around seems to work fine

1 Like

I always do the same,but there’s still problems with unlimited hull and shields not functioning properly(shields go down and you still take hull damage)along with the UI issues.The big problem though is when you arrive at the final sector and you have to defeat the enemy battleship 3 times.After you win the first time you need to wait 3 turns to fight it again.When it’s time to start the 2nd fight the game crashes everytime,without fail.

crashes after a few jumps when you use “unlimited hull” and sometimes others

constantly crashing anyway

3 Likes

when you use this for some reason it cause you not to be able to see your scrap and such even when not using those cheats.

also unlimited all doesn’t work anymore

I cant seem to recall where the bug report feature in the app itself so i guess this is the nest best place, anything that is like unlimited hull or unlimited shield immediately crashes the game without fail. not sure what im doing wrong if anything but its consistent.

My game kept crashing on like the 6/7 sector before the end. I don’t know if this is normal

This needs an update. Using cheats still gives UI issues, ie it doesn’t display fuel, scrap, etc, properly.

Edit: I would report this via the desktop app, but I can’t see the bug report link anywhere on the FTL page.

None of the cheats work currently.

1 Like

not working and causes the game to crash while playing. please update @MrAntiFun

1 Like