Got a problem with Saints Row IV for PC

Hey All, two days ago I bought SR IV from Steam as it was on sale as well as the DLC’s for it as it only cost me, four or five bucks.

My problem is that I’m using Infinity’s trainer on SR IV and it was working fine at first but then it crashed and kicked out an error 12 message, then an error 9.

I shut down my old ISS program called Comodo, uninstalled that and installed Zone Alarm’s extreme security program. Every time I start SRIV, I don’t even make it past the title screen before it CTD and gives me that Error 9 message. Now I checked the specific file and it did download, but I’m guessing it’s a configuration in Zone Alarm as I did set Infinity to Super level meaning fully trust it and gave it check marks on outbound/inbound trust and outbound/inbound internet.

The settings for the Application control of the program is set for Auto on both levels it’s still in training mode. For the advanced options, there’s
Enable Advanced Application control which is enabled
Enable Application Interdiction control which is enabled
Enable Timing Attack Prevention
And Enable Microsoft Catalog Utilization. I’m going to try turning those three off and see what happens. But I would definitely appreciate any help from anyone who has Zone Alarm or any insight at all

Delete %appdata%/Daring Development\Infinity folder then try again.

Completely REMOVE Zone Alarm, if the software is creating a problem with the trainer, because of .DLL injection. Though, if disabling those 3 options resolves your issue, then fine, else disable it.

Follow the method STN has advised above. I will just make it more clear, just in case anyone needs help.

Go to the following location and path, and manually delete both the “Daring Development” and “Infinity” folders, if they are still there.

C:\Users\Your- Windows USERNAME\AppData\local\Daring Development, as well as C:\Users\Your- Windows USERNAME\AppData\local\Infinity.

Look for the ROAMING folder as well, under AppData. Remove the CACHE, or the entire daring development and infinity folders…

These folders can found under “Roaming”, e.g, . C:\users\Your username\AppData\Roaming\Daring development\Infinity\CACHE.

And, C:\users\Your username\AppData\Roaming\Infinity\CACHE.

Check this installed path as well, i.e. C:\Users\Your UserName\AppData\Local\Package cache{some random numbers} folder, if this has been created.

Try to re-download/update INFINITY from this link. Restart your OS, and try to log into the app once again:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/wemod/infinity/releases/master/Infinity-Setup.exe

The APPDATA folder and the associated directory might be hidden by default in most of the Operating systems, so you won’t be able to find it.

You need to enable this option, “Show hidden files, folders, and drives” under the ‘File Explorer options’ setting, via Windows Control Panel.

If you don’t want to delete the entire folder under ROAMING, then just remove all the .BIN files located here, e.g., C:\users\Your username\AppData\Roaming\Daring development\Infinity\trainers.

Depending on the game, the numbers might change, e.g, 61-1477409811.bin, or 144-1476900945.bin etc etc.

Try a CLEAN re-install and update of the Infinity software, if need be ? First go to control panel, and remove the software, under “Programs and Features”, and then re-download it.

1 Like

Okay, here’s what I did: I 86’d Zone Alarm for MalwareBytes. did the whole uninstall, restart, install, restart, update dance. Called up Infinity and then let it call up SRIV. It spent ten minutes trying to start it up, so when I tell the Task manager to stop wasting it’s time and cancel it; Infinity kicks out an Error 10 message.

BUT I tested the new ISS in running Mafia 3: No problems.
So if there are two different programs who have the same reaction when using SR IV; the delayed launch, the crashing, and the error codes… I don’t know what to do. But I am going to start a list to see if SR IV is the only game in my library that acts like that with Malware Bytes. Maybe it’s something as a simple setting to adjust. But I remember with Zone Alarm I had to put the Antivirus on a five-minute snooze and when I did that, Infinity worked, then crashed when the snooze was up.

So…I’d say at least ten minutes of playtime in each game, even simple as letting it run for ten minutes to see what happens and make that list to post.

BTW, is it really necessary for you to Install and use any kind of Anti-virus, or security tool, including MalwareBytes ?

You can temporarily disable any AV, just for the time being, for troubleshooting the INFINITY trainer. Doing this will narrow down the issue.

Just my thoughts.

Hope you don’t mind me calling you Nicky,

I started gaming in the late 80’s early 90’s and started with computers in the Windows 95 era. and it was drilled into me, by TV, by relatives, by friends, by teachers to not take chances with viruses. If I had went the way of Pirates, I wouldn’t need Steam, but I didn’t. I don’t like taking chances with viruses.

But I tried that temp bit with the snooze option and turning it off IE Zone Alarm and it worked, then trying to find out how to make Malware bytes sleep too. But it got to the point where I had to use a backup trainer to work. now That’s what’s bugging me. This trainer I’m using from Antifun works flawlessly with SRIV. I’m thinking it’s how SRIV is injected into the game.

I thought it was considered exploit ware so I turned that option off in MB. Wasn’t it.

1 Like

Nope, not at all.

Back on Topic. So, as per your observation/testing, you think MB is behaving in an abnormal way, but only with the SAINTS ROW 4 trainer, as other game trainers work fine ?

Update 1:

1/3
Homefront The Revolution: 5x5

ACIV Black Flag played 28 minutes, 55 seconds
First ship battle, No reload did not work
Add money did not work,
Stealth did work
Unlimited Health did not work on ships

AC Rogue
The resources should be no more than 10k per item, The No reload does not work for ship to ship combat or ground combat, Invisibility I would verify on the not being able to be seen part by enemies as I tested it out by taking out a hostile and the others retaliated.
Spent 59 minutes, 58 seconds
Does workt with the following notices
session recorded with XSplit Gamecaster

Call of Duty Infinite Warfare
Froze up four minutes into first level gameplay
Trainer options on:
Unlimited Health
Unlimited Ammo
No Reload
No Recoil
Easy Kills
Perfect Accuracy

Had similar problems with previous ISS program
resolution: Forced to use alternate trainer to continue on in game.
It’s something how Infinity injects into Infinite Warfare but, every time I use Infinity on Infinite Warfare, It freezes up right at that checkpoint on the first level, where you see the tangos on the roof and get told to take one out and they would take out the rest at the same time. That is where the freeze happens.
IW Update: waited till the mission started from the checkpoint like before, kicked the trainer on and it still froze up right when I was about to take the shot.

Dragonball Xenoverse
Works but you get ranked lower than S or Z because of it.

I know if I try it with another trainer, it’ll be balanced better

Dead Rising 1 PC
5x5

1/4 Will update list with further results and how long did I test. As some of the games I have are not on Infinity but I do have on Steam.

On Today’s testing list.
Deadpool

Dishonored

Dragon Age Inquisition

Dragon ball Xenoverse 2

Fallout 4: Prefer mods that can be installed into the game
Far Cry 3:
Far Cry 4:
GTA V:
Mad Max:
Mafia 3:
Resident Evil 4:
Resident Evil 6:
Serious Sam 2:
Star Wars KOTR:
Skyrim: Never used
Skyrim SE: Never Used
The Witcher 3:
WATCH_DOGS 1:

For the Game COD: Infinite Warfare, this game has an anti-cheat which hits quickly, so try to DISABLE the “No recoil” option, as this might crash the game.

Please read and check the Trainer notes on Infinity, before using any game Trainer. Try to enable, “Unlimited Ammo” and “No reload”, after you have loaded any of the campaign missions.

The ‘No recoil’ can sometimes crash the game, so use this with caution.

2 Likes

Regarding Infinite Warfare, using Infinity I had Ammo, No Reload and Easy Kills on…only did I realize that it works both ways… about to start testing Far Cry 3 and the rest of the list

Next Update

1/3
Homefront The Revolution: 5x5

ACIV Black Flag played 28 minutes, 55 seconds
First ship battle, No reload did not work
Add money did not work,
Stealth did work
Unlimited Health did not work on ships

AC Rogue
The resources should be no more than 10k per item, The No reload does not work for ship to ship combat or ground combat, Invisibility I would verify on the not being able to be seen part by enemies as I tested it out by taking out a hostile and the others retaliated.
Spent 59 minutes, 58 seconds
session recorded with XSplit Gamecaster

Call of Duty Infinite Warfare
Froze up four minutes into first level game play
Trainer options on:
Unlimited Health
Unlimited Ammo
No Reload
No Recoil
Easy Kills
Perfect Accuracy

Had similar problems with previous ISS program
resolution: Forced to use alternate trainer to continue on in game.

Update: negating No Recoil kept it from crashing.

Dragonball Xenoverse
Works but if you use the Max combos you get ranked lower than S or Z because of it.
even if you manage to hit them with multiple 17+ hit attacks.

I know if I try it with another trainer, it’ll be balanced better

Dead Rising 1 PC
5x5

1/4
Deadpool

Dishonored

Dragon Age Inquisition:
1/12/2017 2:03:38 AM

Five minutes into Inquisition, get into combat, Unlimited Health does NOT work, and I did not see any indications like I would if I was using another trainer if Focus was up or Mana or even Barrier was in play.
And I got five minutes of recorded footage as back-up. However, if I were to use the Antifun trainer, everything would be five by five.
Update: Gave Infinity another try and it works 5x5.

Dragon ball Xenoverse 2: 5x5…scratch that
There are six categories in the skills menu, the total should be 100 each if you haven’t done the relentless whining Guru one, if you have it kicks it up from 100 each to 125 each making the total 750. (Sorry, enduring a stomach virus that has me blowing chunks at random times)

Fallout 4: Prefer mods that can be installed into the game and Bat lists
Far Cry 3:
Far Cry 4:
GTA V: use an in-game trainer
Mad Max: Next on List after RE:6
Mafia 3: 5x5 with remapping of the keys

Resident Evil 4:1/19 attempting to use Infinity to call RE4,
Task Manager shows RE4 not responding, closed that to get an error 10 message.
Had to start RE4 first then hit it up on Infinity.

Started recording at 10:28AM
Unlimited Health for Ashley does not work on explosives.
unlimited ammo works, no reload works, at this time in scene 2-3 unable to determine if unlimited PTAS works.
But the weapon is missing from the inventory and just shows an E for equipped.
Update 1: Ptas does work and is topped out at ten million.
Still recording game play
Finished recording 28 minutes into game play
Wish you could max out the guns and get them all right from start as well as the upgrades.

Resident Evil 6: Next on List
Serious Sam 2:
Star Wars KOTR:
Skyrim: Used Bat lists
Skyrim SE: Used Bat lists
The Witcher 3:
WATCH_DOGS 1: Update made at 6:38 AM EST
If you use Invisibility during missions, instant failure.
Unlimited ammo works
Unlimited Health…well I haven’t been shot at in this game yet so… No wanted level is supposedly working, same with Unlimited focus.
But there is no option for the skill tree unless that was intentional.
Currently, 10 minutes 22 seconds into the first playable level trying to sneak out of Chicago stadium,

And the money hack works, I just had to purchase something to get it to go from five hundred to…$99,999,999. The most it should be is ten mill, that’ll cover the cars, ammo and guns and just top up on ten mill whenever you run out of cash.
An option for the skill level would be nice but I’m not gonna be greedy.

You can cheat for as long as you want, i don’t think time is any reason to crash. Reharding some of the cheats^ they were never intended to work that way (game has different routines for those) e.g AC games ship mechanism is different than human’s and those cheats would obviously not work.

COD IW needs an update like every other day, nobody has asked for it so i have been post poning it.

Regarding wd1, it might be mission specific.

This solution works like a charm !! THANKS a bunch, nick_666. zone alarm has been creating an interference as well.