Halo 5: Guardians Beta week 2 adds new game type and maps

[/img]A post on Halo Waypoint stated that week 2 for Halo 5: Guardians Beta will see a new game type and new maps.

The new game type is Breakout, which is round-based and you only have one life each round. The first team to take five rounds wins the match. Two news maps will be added that you can play on, Crossfire and its variant, Trench.

Along with all of that, two new maps will be swapped into the Slayer playlist, Regret and Eden.

Source: TheTechGame.com

Thanks to my friend allowing me to play via his X1, I’m really enjoying the H5 Beta!

Regarding Breakout, since the article is about the newly added game mode, I enjoy it! Granted, it isn’t the hardest playlist I’ve ever played, especially if you’re familiar with S&D in Call of Duty, but my only complaint is that there are only a few weapons laid out across the map. Now I understand the reasoning for not having weapons such as the Sniper Rifle or Rocket Launcher, but, other than the starting class of SMG+Pistol+Frag Grenade, each team is offered an Assault Rifle, Battle Rifle, and Frag Grenades; whoever equips the Battle Rifle shall be the main slayer or, at least, the scouter for the team!

P.S.
Just to be clear, I realize this is just the Beta and a new game mode in which 343i are trying to implement into the game, but I just see a lot of changes coming to this game mode upon release thanks to it being very easy for those who run with a team and nothing else; either that or the playlist shall have very low numbers because the playlist isn’t entertaining for all to play. (ex: Like Team Slayer or Big Team Battle)

P.S.S
I’m not saying the starting class isn’t able to kill anything while playing, the SMG and Pistol are very strong weapons, it just seems as if the game mode has everyone fighting over the BR spawn and the round/match ending very quickly if the enemy team is unmatched! (A lot of my matches ended with me getting double-digit kills with single-digit deaths and basically being 1v4; I only played the Beta Thurs. & Fri. and accumulated 4x ACEs; if I can run Breakout solo and carry than I could only imagine what my normal Halo/Call of Duty squad could do as a team!)

In the end, again, I’m enjoying the playlists/matches/weapons/everything and can’t wait to read more regarding the game!