Having trouble loading mods in game (new PC). What gives?

Just built a brand new PC. Uninstalled WeMod on the old one. Been using WeMod on the old one for 1.5 years with absolutely no issues. Regardless of disabling antivirus softwares, uninstalling from all PCs except this new one, etc., I CONTINUOUSLY get “We’re having trouble loading your mods into this game.” It’s unusable. What the heck is going on? This is happening with every single game I try. I am a PRO member. This is absurd? How can I fix this?

I’m running Windows 11 Pro. Defender is totally disabled, no additional antivirus enabled or installed. WeMod has not been flagged on anything. Steam is running fine. WeMod is not. It still launches the game, but not with mods.

HOW can I fix this? Is there ANYTHING at all else that could be causing this? This is happening to every game, not just one-- all of which worked with WeMod on my old PC with zero issues.

Hello and welcome to the community. :slight_smile:

Seeing as it is a new PC, it’s probably missing .NET Framework. Since at least Windows 8 onwards, Windows Update is well-known to forget to install or update .NET Framework. Especially on newer PCs and first-time installations on machines. Microsoft never bothered fixing it, and since we’ve been waiting 11 years for them to fix it now - don’t hold your breath.

You need a minimum of version 4.7.2, but the latest version (4.8.1) is recommended.
You can manually download and install it from the official Microsoft .NET website here: Download .NET Framework | Free official downloads.

If you get told you already have .NET framework, choose the repair option in the installer to fix whatever parts of it Windows Update potentially messed up.

Still an issue after that?

• What games are having the issue?
  • Are they all bought from Steam? Or are some cracked/pirated Steam versions?
  • Are the games installed anywhere else other than the default C:, is it internal or external?