Headphones sound muffled distorted

Ok well last night my headphones was working perfect i watched some eastbound and down and then i put some music on and went sleep and now i wanted to watch a film but today i noticed the audio sounds weird i tried to play some music to see if its just the movie and it sounds like the music is quite but loud at the same time and if their is any vocals in the song it plays clearly but it only makes certain words like its being cut off and its louder in my left headphone and very quite in my right but it sounds perfect apart form the vocals on that side cut out like the left but other then that its normal but very quite i have looked online but can find nothing to help i have also tried multiple things in volume mixer and its seems as though nothing is wrong i even tried other headphones but i get the same results could my sound card be on its way out or ? any help would be appreciated sorry for my one big sentence :thumbsup:

What headphones? Are you using a sound card? Have you turned off your PC completely and turned it back on?

Im using some sony headphones and yes i have restarted my laptop and my main speakers work fine so im not sure what the problem is could my headphone jack be broken ?

Untangle the chords for your headphones, make sure the 3.5mm jack is clean, dust out the 3.5mm output. Is there any wires near the headphones that are tangled in it or anything?

Seems that way. There might be something wrong with the drivers aswell. Have a poke around in Device Manager and try to find anything relating to your headphone jack.

Nope everything is fine my headphone wire is in good condition and is not tangled the only thing that is next to the headphone jack is my usb slot which i use for my mouse thats it :cry:

You either blow your headphones or you bent your jack. Twist the plugin around while playing music and see if the audio changes, if not, buy a new pair of headphones.

Lol i already said i tried different headphones >.<

EDIT

I fixed the problem now thanks or your help anyway guys i appreciate it mod can close

HEY!
I am facing the same problem…how did u solve it??

The thread is over 5 years old and OP is banned.