Hitman Absolution Cheats and Trainer for Steam

you’re right it’s the antivirus but I find it weird that an antivirus does not block the entire application short thanks :slight_smile:

Because the application alone does nothing.
When the trainer gets injected that’s when it does something which most av’s see as a threat

ok , and it’s normal that the game closes at each beginning of the mission, but when I start running for the mission I started, it’s re-created for the mission afterwards.

Hi, I know I’m unnecessarily clinging to you, but I would like to tell you that the “Unlimited Health” and “Ghost Mode” functions do not work (on the example of a helicopter). Sorry if I stick to anything.

Hi, this text is intended for people who can’t get the game to run. Keep in mind tho: what I am describing is my personal experience. If running the game via WeMod causes no issues for you this text is useless for you. If it does cause you issues, this text can potentially help you. But again: this is just MY experience on what happens and what could help.

Ok so let’s get into it:
I am running Hitman: Absolution on Steam. I only use the Windows Defender as an AV and here WeMod has all exceptions it could have so Windows Defender won’t interfere with anything that WeMod does. Hitman is also trusted entirely. Check that first.
Further:
Initially, Hitman didn’t work at all with the trainer. Either the game crashed right away or shortly after entering the main menu. I was somewhat able to fix this by running the game as an Administrator (also enabling Compatibility Mode seems to be unnecessary). Now you might wonder how you can run the game as administrator when you start it via WeMod. It’s really simple to do. Go to Hitman: Absolution on Steam and click the little gear symbol on the right. Then click on “properties…” --> then go to “Local Files…” --> Then to “Browse…”. This takes you into your Hitman: Absolution folder and here you will also find a little file with the Hitman: Absolution Logo that is called “HMA”. Right click on this, go all the way down to “Properties” and then to “compatibility”. Here you can enable it that the game ALWAYS (no matter how it is started) is run as an Administrator. BTW don’t forget to click the little button in the lower right corner to actually apply your changed settings.

If you have done this the game should work somewhat (I want to emphasize the word “somewhat” tho). Personally I still experience crashes pretty frequently. I basically always have to start the game 2 to 4 times until I can finally play a mission but when you successfully start a mission it SHOULD work all the way until the end. There is no guarantee tho. Moments like a mission starting or the game transitioning from one mission chapter to the next are at a higher risk of crashing. Occasionally it also crashes mid game. The game can crash in various different ways at the beginning. Sometimes it just straight up closes and I get some small white windows that says “Error. Check you game cache” (or something similar to that). Just try to restart it again. Sometimes the game will crash in the very beginning, sometimes while starting a mission but as I said: once you make it into a mission it should be somewhat safe to run. I recommend to only enable the cheats once you are actually playing yourself.

I hope this can help someone. ^^

its been 2 year later. this forum is dead. the dev for this trainer is retired

Current status: The cheats still work for the steam edition. How ever - when they are active - the game completely crashes when ever a new level is loaded. The progress is still saved, but if you forget to deactivave the mods before finishing a level you will need to load the game again and continue from last saved game, this will take you to the intro of the next level.

1 Like

Essentially this trainer needs to be remade/updated/whatever. It barely works.

1 Like

But it crashed in every single cut scene on this newest version in steam, maybe needed update?

@Phaaar, I concur that every cheat is working in the steam edition. I appreciate the work and effort that has gone into this trainer. I do think that the trainer in weMod UI needs to have the “Read before playing” link I have seen in other games. As an example of the link, check out Payday2 in weMod. I think it will alleviate many a fustrated user who tries to use the mod while in the menu or not disabling the mod between levels.

Game crashes before getting to main menu. Trainer needs updating.