#Horizon - Are user suggestions for added features acceptable or are they ignored?

I don’t believe I have been ranting in any of my posts as one of your Moderators has made accusation I have been. I have been merely attempting to make suggestions to maybe add a module into Horizon that would allow users to search for game saves that have been uploaded to available storage on a host server. a module.in many ways just like Modio 5 http://www.game-tuts.com/community/modio.php; only from inside the Horizon.

Tabbed search windows open (download or local media browse) and the search criteria entered and relevant links to files fill the search window. The files are sortable (popular, trending, top, new, featured, etc. etc.) each file is ranked based on previous users having tried them and rating them 1-5 stars., the default sort could be by ranking. In the Modio 5 window, the game file could only be opened browsing the PC drive, the USB drive was broken. or from downloads. Advanced changes were missing the game catalog id numbers (so I had to use Horizon to find that id number. Modified sav worked only if there was an editor for the specific game, just like Horizon.

The beauty for me was I all I needed were the shared game save, change the ID numbers and then copy to the right folders on the USB drive. Then copy the saves onto the xbox 360 and play the game. The modify saves section was nice, but even when there might be an editor many times there was no info on what changes to make that will config the save how I would like to have it.

So trial and error were with the different downloaded save files and making the ID changes and test them out on the xbox. Modio allowed you to edit the description info and you can indicate if it is modded version or not.

The search engine could maybe be linked to what is being used for content management on the WEMOD site already since I noticed when I enter a new support topic, sometimes a window opens showing possible related links to other support topics that may already answer the users questions or provide existing help info.

If the tools are already available to allow for a category to be made for file uploads and downloads, from the main search link spy glass you could drill down to what you are looking for. The topics could relate to the specific games, tools, help info, etc Then it will just be an extension of what is already there. Users can share their favorite saves (they could get points for new unique save uploads maybe?), developers can include topics for their MOD tools that add additional content, (new maps, skins, abilities, etc.)

There only needs to be a place setup for the files to be stored and when users upload the game save, mod editors, trainers they can add a custom or default image file, then hyperlinks attached to game graphic images, which fill the search window, users left click to open that file or right click on the image and open a new tab to that file record.

This seems like a thing that could be done and without starting from nothing. Modio is the model for the modal to extend Horizon to ad file sharing of gam saves for xbox 360 users.

This could maybe also be incorporated into the WEMOD site so that it could enhance the Infinity application too, allowing users to share existing working game saves for games that have not had a specific editor created yet. Why not?? You could even use the Modio modal and have only Diamond users share files and Pro users share Infinity files.

Your sight Moderators and Pro users can guide and help users with this new value added feature, and maybe write short concise outlines for the aspect of the save and what to expect. Especially mods that could affect their Live account status ( I noticed several users who have had their account affected by a game mod that maybe they should have opted out of being a novice user. So warning and disclaimers are still a good idea.

I use Steam and Gog and also Origin game hubs and I am not sure how game mods might get you banned but I think in online games, they still use punkbuster and possibly others to cut down on flamers, online users that have cheat Mods and have an unfair advantage over regular online users.

However, if everyone is OK with using cheats online and just want to do Team Deathmatch or whatever using Mods and cheats then I say let them. Just let them enter at their own risk! :wink:

Cheats online are not supported on wemod what so ever
I think they are busy enuf making trainers and updating them all the time !
The thing is the 360 is dead no body seems to care much any more that’s why sites are shutting down just like the site I was a moderator on xyzmods !

1 Like

We will never support online cheats.

As I stated if an idea become popular enough we will consider adding it. I don’t see save sharing becoming popular enough for us to release a major update to Horizon just to add a save sharer. You are welcome to post them in the Xbox section of the forums and users can search for saves.

2 Likes

When I said ‘cheats’ I meant save files that grant unlimited ammo, all weapons, full armor, all skins, stuff like that. Those are the items that the game save editors let you do, some Mods let you make changes to your online profiles and those could get you restricted or banned.

And let me reiterize that I will not jailbrake my console or use JTAG/RGH only because it’s more than I’m willing to do right now to play games. Mostly because I own all my titles and have no desire to use copied discs or digital copies.

I do think that there should be a forum or ‘Arena’ for users who would like to push all limits and enter online games with no holds barred and have all the stuff and all the power. Then enter battle and wreak havoc on each other!! :laughing: