Horizon does not read my usb stick

ive used horizon dozens of times with much success aswell as modio ad other modding tools. ive not used horizon for some time now and it will not read the usb like it should. the usb is formatted for my xbox and has many modded gamesaves on it i use. i plug it into my pc now, in horizon the device explorer has a green bar that crosses the bottom to signify its loading the usb, it starts to then stops and windows does the thing where it askes me what to do with e drive. i have no idea what to do. ive tried modio and it does not work either. im probably going to back up my important files and do a factory reset and start again (dont really want to do that) ive searched youtube and the internet to no avail please help

This happend to me before i had to buy a new USB because i deleted somthing or formated wrong and it would load for any app on the PC

Mine has also stopped working on both of my PC’s. Along with every other tool which reads the partition. It was fine until Windows 10 got the anniversary update. I’m having to use an older version of Windows in VirtualBox with Horizon installed just to gain access to the device.