Horizon has stopped working error?

I have downloaded 2.8.1.1 and I am still having problems?

What .Net Framework do you have installed?

I think that i have 4.5.1

Try installing 3.5 SP1. Here’s the link: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=25150
Keep 4.5.1 installed as well. I have both and Horizon has always ran fine for me.

when i click on the run button for 3.5 nothing happens

Disable your firewall and your antivirus and try downloading 3.5 again, click run and it should run fine. Further issues please keep us (Me and Steve Wonda) posted.
-Nick

I disabled them and still nothing happens

What OS are you on by chance?

I dont know how do i check
i have windows 8.1
but i dont know if thats what you want

Try uninstalling Horizon and reinstalling from this link: https://www.horizonmb.com/client/v2/Horizon.Setup.v2.8.1.1.exe

nothing happened same thing

.net 3.5 isn’t automatically installed with Windows 8/8.1 unlike Windows 7.
To enable it you need to do it through the control panel.
Try this:

• On the Start screen, type and then choose Control Panel. (To access the Start screen, press the Windows logo key Windows logo on your keyboard.)
  • Choose Programs, and then choose Turn Windows features on or off.
  • Select the .NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0) check box.

Hopefully you get your issue resolved!

nothing happened same error

my bad that was a just a repeat of what i said earlier

I cant make this disgrace of software work , I tried everything that has been posted on these forums , i wasted over 10 hours trying to make it work and it wont work on windows 8

Sry I apologize for my previous post , I was quite angry , after a lot of research I discovered Horizon DOES NOT work on Windows 8 . However after using a virtual pc tool and installing win 7 on a virtual drive I was able to make it work . I hope this info helps whoever is trying to install it on Windows 8

Horizon works perfectly fine on Windows 8, and 8.1. I’ve used it on my old Win 8 PC, and now on my new 8.1 laptop.

It doesn work on mine , Im on Win 8.1 x64 , all I was getting was “Horizon has stopped working” as soon as I tried to open it but anyway I found my way around the issue

Just for other users benefit, how did you fix this?

Others might have the same problem and you way around might help them!

I just sent this tutorial to a member who sent me msg asking for a tutorial :

If you’re using Windows 8 or 8.1 you’ll have to install a software called virtualbox Downloads – Oracle VM VirtualBox , also make sure you download VirtualBox Extension Pack which is on the same page you get the program . If you dont get the extension pack you won’t be able to make usb work . Ok , once you got the Virtualbox installed and extension pack installed you gotta install windows 7 on virtualbox ( virtualbox acts as a cpu ) once you got win 7 installed you can install horizon on win 7 on virtualbox , makes sense? like I said before you have to get the extension pakc installed otherwise once you install Horizon , win7 wont be able to recognize your USB drive and you wont be able to make Horizon recognize it as well . I hope it helps , any troubles just gimme a shout . Cheers

Horizon works perfectly for me on Windows 8.1 without the need for a virtual machine.