Horizon having issues connecting to the server

today is august 2nd 2020, the horizon on the computer is having issues connecting to the server and i was wondering if that’s a glitch or something.

1 Like

Welcome to the community. :slight_smile:

Server connection issues are almost always cause by interference from any antivirus programs on your PC. Make sure Horizon is added as an exception in your antivirus and firewall.

alright and thanks for the welcome

it started happening yesterday i used it the day before and it worked fine.

Antiviruses and firewalls are weird.

One day they’re fine with something. The next day they might decide they don’t like it anymore.
BitDefender is the worst culprit for this. Followed by McAfee and probably Norton.

Let us know how it goes. :slight_smile:

1 Like

i use windows defender

Are you on Windows 7 or 10? If you’re on Windows 7 you’ll have to install .NET Framework 4.5 or later from Microsoft’s site. If you’re on Windows 10, try running Horizon with administrator rights by right clicking the shortcut then selecting “Run as admin”.

Let us know how it turns out :slight_smile:

1 Like

i been trying to connect to the server for like a week now, and i still can’t connect in any ways. so is the server is dead or what? cause i’ve followed a bunch of tutorials on youtube and still doesn’t work. hope the admin here or someone can help, thx.

@EnrichingMite59 - Please add Horizon as an exception anyway and let us know how it goes. Windows Defender is still an antivirus. This issue has been reported before and in most cases were resolved by adding an antivirus and firewall exception for Horizon.

Welcome @frankieoceanblonded.

Please follow the advice already given by both myself and @User_N4m3 in this thread. We can’t move on and investigate this further until both of you reporting this have done so and updated us on the results.

1 Like

ive done that and still won’t work

Dear;

I’m having the same problem yesterday , I did what you said exactly but the problem still exist

any suggestion please ?