Horizon install problems

I tried to install Horizon and got a virus warning, I figured it was just a false positive and moved on. I disabled AVG and it looked like it installed properly, However it did not install at all. There is no icon or exe for it anywhere on my system. I ran the install as admin as well.

No offence meant here guys, but you have to get that “virus false positive” under control. Horizon looks like a good program and its a shame that so many people will probably just delete it and not even give it a chance because of the virus warning. Two million downloads does NOT mean two million installs. I know this from my own developments where I had false positives… In my case the software never recovered and we moved on. Anyways, I thought I’d leave a message here before I deleted it myself. Maybe someone can tell me wtf is going on. :slightly_smiling:

There isn’t much we can do about AVG besides send them an email and hope they agree to remove it or add it to the trusted list. AVG has always given us issues. As for Horizon not installing what happens when you run the installer a second time? I’ve personally never had an issue with installing it but I don’t run any AV which could be deleting the install.

yea Recently AVG decided to put a hate on them, because never had issues but just disable and ad it to exception(all the files related to it) and then re enable it should work( that’s what i had to do)

Thanks Chris. I opened my compiled executables and literally changed a couple small things in asm so that they did not flag anymore. You may want t try that too. Anyways, it just runs as if it is installing, there is nothing that says it was not installed, yet a search for horizon on my drive(s) will only show the setup executable… Nothing else.

Did you get the same thing though where you ran the installer yet nothing installed?

I did before, but that was a while ago ill think about how i got it to work