Horizon won't detect my flashdrive?

I just downloaded horizon but it will not detect my flash drive. I’ve tried multiple times, configured the drive on my Xbox and ran the program as an admin, but still nothing. Same thing happened with Modio. Anyone know what I can do to fix this?

Run it as an admin.

To be clear, you have put your USB in your Xbox. Formatted the USB on the Xbox so it can save your profile and game saves and have successfully put your profile on your USB?

2 Likes

Yes but I just put the game save on the USB, by profile do you mean I need to copy the gamer tag info and a that to the USB as well?

And yes I have tried running it on admin and it did not work.

You can move a profile to a USB the same way you would move a game save.

How to format your Device.

[details=Open Me]• From your dashboard go to System Settings>Storage and locate your USB Storage Device.

• Once you have chosen your USB Storage Device, it should give you two options.

Option 1: Configure Now

Option 2: Customize

• Select Option 1 ( Configure Now )

Note: Make sure you have moved any Game Saves, Profiles back to your HDD before Configuring!

• Once you successfully configured your Device a message should pop up.

• Your device is now ready to be used with your Xbox 360 and Horizon!

[/details]

you are looking under horizon’s device manager right? rather than windows? and is the usb even showing up as connected to your computer?

To be more clear I put the USB into the Xbox, configured it, took the game save from the hard drive (WaW game save) and moved it to the USB. But when I ran horizon as a admin and injected the USB, it still did not detect it.

how can you take a game save from the hard drive and move it to your usb if Horizon doesn’t detect it.you mean your xbox hard drive?

Could you possibly take a screenshot of the device explorer?

You can download Speedcap here.

Also, does the device explorer look anything like this:

I would be more then happy to further assist you through team viewer.

TeamViewer - Free Remote Control, Remote Access & Online Meetings

Once downloaded PM me the ID and password, thanks!

I took the game save from the Xbox hard drive and put it on the USB, not the conputer’s.

I think this is the type of screenshot you wanted. This is when the usb was plugged in. Wasn’t detected.

if problem continues to exist i would download alternative Hard drive viewing or Usb file viewing program tell me if you cannot find one i will post links and once you do that just copy profile to desktop and view it in horizon that way :smile:

Try FATXplorer and see if it detects it.

Im Using that it works GREAT :smile:

This is exactly what’s happening to me on my Horizon. I see they still haven’t given you an answer. I need the same help. Sorry I don’t have a solution for you.

I think it may just be something with my laptops settings, it just doesn’t load up USBs, because I tried it on a different computer and the device was detected instantly and I was able to do what I wanted. I still want to figure out why it doesn’t work on here though, since I’d much rather do any future modding on here. If anyone has an Acer Aspire and has had the same problem with USBs please tell me.

Once downloaded PM me the ID and password, thanks!

When you run Horizon as Administrator wait for a few seconds then it should appear on the right side of the program window. But it should still appear in the device explorer that you opened.

I have done that, several times in fact, it’s still not detecting it. I’ve also run the appdata senerio, the uninstall/reinstall scenario, the framework update scenario. Not a ONE of them has been useful or helpful, and now when I download Horizon, it comes with MALWARE YAY!

Same issues as you. What a ****ty program.