Horizon Wont open on Windows 10

Try blocking Horizon in your firewall. If it can’t connect to the serve it should go into offline mode. If that doesn’t work then we need more info about what happens.

this is what happens i click on it and it loads and shows the log for a sec then disappears and nothing happens

That generally means there is something ending the process when tries to connect to the server. You will have to find that on your own and stop it.

i have tried turning off my fire wall and anti virus and nothing is happening

Have you tried to run it with administrator access…

Right click on it and “Run as Administrator”…

yeah i have and it still does it.

Have you tired to start it in compatibility mode?

Right click on it and go to properties

Click on the compatibility tab and check the box to enable it and choose to run it in Windows 7 then apply and try…

I am having the same issue. I launch the program, the logo splashes on the screen and that’s it. How can we see whats ending the process?

Easiest is going to be booting into safemode with networking then start Horizon and see if it runs. If it does then boot up normally and start killing processes from your task manager until you find it. I’ve never known anything other than an antivirus or firewall to do something like this though.

Thanks for your reply Chris. I turned off both my antivirus and firewall and it still won’t launch. I went into safe mode with networking and Horizon still won’t launch. What else can be done at this point?

Make sure you have .net framework 3.5 and MS C++ Redistributable 2010 installed. Past that they only thing I can say is try starting it while disconnected from the internet. If that works there is something stopping it once it attempts to connect to the servers. There is really nothing that can be done at that point other than reinstall your OS or run it in a virtual machine. We’ve never been able to recreate the error so it is impossible for us to say 100% what causes it.

Yeah everything is up to date. How do I go about getting a refund then? It was purchased just today.

No refunds.

My ass no refunds. I paid for a service plain and simple. The service couldn’t be carried out, and the seller can’t figure it out. As such i’m disputing the charge with paypal. With Respect Chris you should have looking more actively into the problem and checked your forum, there are several people with the same issue i’m having, and they to never got a solid solution.

Without being able to recreate the problem there is no way to fix it. Xbox360 is also EOL so we aren’t going to put a lot of time and effort into trying to fix it when it actually effects a very small percentage of users. In the future please wait for staff to respond on issues such as refunds. If you would have just sent me a PM I would have refunded you which I did when I saw your post.

Oh, I apologize for causing confusion then. I thought you guys had a no refund policy. I will try not to say more things like that without being sure. Sorry.

Another thing for next time, make sure the free version works before you get the paid one

I have been having the same problem. As soon as I try and open the program it instantly says that a problem as occurred and that Horizon has stopped working. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, I have even tried deleting suggested data folders off of my PC with no luck as well. I have tried asking around on here with no luck on getting any answers. Any help or suggestions would be a big help, thanks.

Im having the same issue here. I havent been able to use Horizon in about a week or more, If Im not mistaken. I’ve already paid for this month and havent been able to use it. All I want to do is resign & rehash but it wont boot up longer than a second. Im lucky if the logo lasts that long on my screen, There has to be something to fix it.

Hello people.
Im having the same issue here. In my case, the culprit was a bank security program.
After removing it Horizon work again.