Horizon won't recognize my USB or my Xbox contents in it but Modio will

I Happen To Be One Of Those People Who Are Beta Testing The Xbox 360 Dashboard Updates And They Changed A Lot Of The Storage Formats To Be Used With Any External Storage So This Must Be Why I Can’t Use Horizon Anymore Until An Update For Horizon Fixes It. And Thanks For Everyone Who Has Tried To Help Appreciate It. Guess I’m Just Gonna Have To Wait For The Update.

We should be able to fix the storage problem once we get access to the dashboard update. We will keep you guys updated on this issue once we do.

I had the same issue and its not just Horizon its usbxtafgui,ect… glad to know my pc doesn’t hate me.

So we just have to wait in Horizon now? I’m having the same issue, Running as asmin, usb is formatted, and my Windows 8 laptop sees the usb but Horizon does not recognise it. Ive tried multiple ports and ive even deleted and reinstalled Horizon. So I just have to wait? - Thanks in advance

Yes you will have to wait until horizon is updated to match the new xbox dashboard.

The new dashboard has changed the format of the USB drives. Now, the USB drives are just regular drives and their store the “Content” folder directly on the USB. If you can’t use Horizon, try opening the drive in Windows Explorer and you should be able to browse to your save data if you know the profile ID just like you would on something like usbxtafgui.

Do you guys know how long that might be? And will it just say i need to update horizon or how will i know they fixed the issue.

Update is out, open horizon and update :smile:

but the prblem is not in horizon the problem is in xbox because when i format usb then plug it in xbox it automaticaly configure the usb and its space still like it is ,there is no customize so help me plz if you can

i tryed to use modio and usbxtafgui but there is the same problem

You should only be formatting the USB with your Xbox. If it is formatted or configured with anything other than the xbox it wont work.

i tryed all this things but the problem stills

my usb is formatted and when i plug it in xbox it becomes configured without clicking anything but horizon cant detect it and there is no space used in the usb

can you give me a name of application which can configure a usb

Plug your USB drive into your 360.
Go to system settings, memory.
Highlight your USB drive and hit Y. It should let you configure the drive for use on the 360.

You don’t need to use any other type of software to configure it for 360 use.

Make sure there’s a Content folder on the flash drive.

yes there is a content but it takes no space in it ,it is 7.53 gb usb and it still as it is when i plug it in xbox ,it automatically configure it and there is no customize and configure now after i format it

plz help me guys:(

Hi, is the issue here already solved? I got the same problem. Horizon does not detect my 8g usb.
I’m using a lenovo laptop running windows 7 platform, and using horizon 2.8.
Please help me guys. Thank you!:slight_smile:

ok, i had the same problem as all of you… you simply have to configure the usb on the xbox then transfer something from the xbox hardrive to your usb (can be something small like an unused profile or something) this will create all the folders on your usb and will allow horizon to detect it.

This thread is 3 years old. Even if they didn’t manage to fix it by themselves yet I doubt they even care anymore.

@Chris close this one please