Horizon wont work on my computer

hello I am new to trying to download free dlc and honestly i dont understand half the stuff people say on here or in the youtube vids and I want someones help I would like to make use of the horizon thing to download free dlc and anyhting I can to make some games more fun. I have disabled the firewall and the anti virus protection has horizon as an exception but it wont open at all for me. I have been trying this for like 5 hours now and Im ready to give up. please if anyone out there can help me out with this it would be much appriciated.

For your Horizon opening issues please check for some possible solutions here: https://community.wemod.com/c/horizon/support

What DLCs are you trying to get for free? There’s only a small selection of them that are available if you don’t have a Jtag or RGH modified 360. They’re DRM free versions, and you’ll need a program like WinRAR or 7-Zip to extract the DLC file from the individual part files you download, if you’re lucky you’ll find it as one file that’s ready to drag into Horizon and add to your device. I’ll leave a few links below to all the DRM free content that I know of, some links might be dead but that’s just how it is with this kind of stuff. If you need more help feel free to PM me or reply in this topic.

Kill Seth DRM Free Stuff: http://www.zippyshare.com/kill_seth

Aden34’s DRM Free Thread: Aden34’s DRM Free Thread. NEW LINKS! (Bioshock Infinite)

I was looking to download all the doc or just characters for borderlands 2 and pee sequel.

All of the DRM free DLC for BL2 can be found at the Kill Seth link above. Some of the later Headhunter packs were not available as DRM free versions so you won’t find them unfortunately.

So the psych and mechromancer and ultimate vault hunter mode are free?

And do I need to MOD my Xbox 360 or just plug in my USB and move the drm over from kill Seth to my USB?

Everything there is free. You do not need to mod your 360 to use any of it. You download the files from the page that link takes you to. If it’s a multi-part file you download all parts and then extract the DLC from them using WinRAR or 7-Zip.

OK so I need to download 7 zip or winTER?

Yes. Try WinRAR first. I’ll post a reply that I made to someone else that was asking about the same thing a few days ago below, just ignore the language thing.

I assume you’re asking about the ones at the link in my post above. Choose the language that you want. Then download all the separate parts of the DLC file you want, for example in English Dawnguard is 3 files. You then need to extract the DLC from the part files. Although there’s separate parts you only need to do this ones. You will need WinRAR or Z-Zip, I can’t remember which one but they’re both free, I’ll leave links below. After extracting the DLC file simply drag it into Horizon and save it to your device, don’t change any IDs, they’re fine how they are. You can now move them to your 360’s had drive. If you need more help feel free to message me.

WinRAR archiver, a powerful tool to process RAR and ZIP files You will need one of the top 2 on the list. 32 or 64bit Windows OS.

http://www.7-zip.org/ Same as WinRAR, download the one that matches you OS.

Well I have tried just about everything I have found to make horizon work but it hasn’t yet

Killing the internet connection has worked before. Are you using a laptop or pc? Go to the device manager and disable the network card (if you have one) and then unplug any ethernet cable (if you have one).

Once the internet is dead, start up horizon.

Really that works to pull up and move it open ?

I just read your original post again. Were you able to get Horizon installed? Or is it the installation that you’re having trouble with?

I downloaded and installed it but I won’t open and now if I do the unplug thing it opens but won’t let me continue

What messages/error messages are you receiving? If you can do a screen capture and post it here it will help us understand what is going wrong.

My computer apparently had some mileage problem and my brother factory reset it. Would it be wise to even try running horizon and downloading anything?

Yes, installing horizon is safe. Just don’t download anything harmful (e.g malware, adware, spyware, etc.)

You should also install Malwarebytes or a paid anti-virus that offers real-time protection if you haven’t already.