How to fix Horizon running in offline mode

This method is for anyone who is getting the message, “Horizon is running in offline mode”, after the latest server switch. The reason this message is showing is because your computer is holding onto to the dns from the last server. This is quite easy to fix. Below is how to fix it.

1. Go to the start menu on your computer and go to the search bar

2. Type cmd and hit enter

3. Once in cmd (command prompt) type this exactly: ipconfig /flushdns

4. Restart Horizon, it will now be running normally

Credit for finding this: Me

This does not work for everyone. Here are a few other options.

1. Delete and reinstall Horizon

2. Make Horizon an exception in every antivirus software you have

Navy says no <3

This method does not work for everyone.

The requested operation requires elevation

Doe’s?

What’s hers?

you need to be the admin of your computer lol.

Make Horizon an exception in every antivirus software you have. how do you do that

This thread is 3 years old buddy, next time please pay attention to the post date

Okay guys if you guys are having problem with Horizon or whatever the f*** you want to call it stop looking up those other way that’s how to fix it I’ve been having this problem for lease about 2 weeks now it’s running in offline mode I uninstalled and reinstalled it on and started reinstalled it still running offline mode well guys apparently if you didn’t know that’s why there’s a restore point in your computer all you have to do is go to a restore point of the time it was working and it should work Iris stored my computer back to the time it was running smooth and I have no problems now my ships running it’s an online mode and everything I looked up videos of how to fix Horizon well let me tell you something it’s a load of crap they just want you to do this and do that and it’s easy and simple restore your computer back to a restore point of the time it was working before the bull s*** happen I don’t know if this works for everybody but this s*** just works for me just now if you don’t know how to restore your computer back to a restore point there is videos about it on YouTube or if you know how to restore your computer back to that restore point cool but you have to know when it was working and in the date it was working if you know the date of that restore point of the time it was working then you should be cool Your Horizon should be running and online mode in no time once you go back to that restore point of the time it was working do not launch Horizon wait till your WiFi kicks in first right when you open up Horizon on your WiFi kicks in everything should run smooth now if you had messed up your restore point and you don’t have a restore point from the time it was working that I can’t help you on that’s why they say when files or apps are not working properly go back to a restore point of the time your app was running good I had this problem for a while now I didn’t know how to fix it the first time they have ever happened to me I’m not going to say it’s the first time but the first time it did I didn’t know how to fix it I stopped looking for help and start playing with the computer trying some things but I also remembered one thing you can’t never forget restore point is what Saves the Day that’s why it’s in the computer go to restore point back to the time when Horizon was running online mode and accept that restore point like I said if you don’t know how to restore your computer back to a time where everything was running smooth there’s videos about it on YouTube when you do this everything should run good I think it goes for every PC because once you go back to a restore point of the time that something was working properly it should be fine I’m pretty sure she would work for everybody if they don’t have a restore point of where it wasn’t working now if you now if you have a lot of those restore points of where wasn’t working that I don’t know what to tell you on that but if you have a restore point of where it was working then you need to go to it I’m happy as hell that my sheets running good my horizons online and I hope this helps you guys out I play Xbox 360 my gamertag is BMFmoneyMOB just trying to help those that’s having problems with Horizon that nobody can’t seem to fix I could have posted a YouTube video about it but I’m not much of a YouTuber that’s not my motive that’s not my place I’m more of a gamer