How to install wemod for steam games in lutris

Howdy,

I am wanting to install WeMod for steam Astroneer in lutris - sounds crazy I know, sick and twisted even, but I have an allergic reaction to Windows - it freaks me out, so I play all my Windows games under lutris on Linux Mint.

I have installed lots of mod loaders using the following methods before and I hope someone has some useful ideas…

I’ve downloaded the ‘ASTRONEER Trainier.exe’ and put it in the Astroneer directory under lutris’s winesteam runner here:
~/.local/share/lutris/runners/winesteam/prefix64/dosdevices/c:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/ASTRONEER

First I tried by opening a command shell under Astroneers wineprefix in lutris using the Winetricks option, then change to the above directory then execute the wemod installer:
‘mono ASTRONEER Trainier.exe’ which gives me a “Cannot open assembly ‘WeMod-Setup.exe’: File does not contain a valid CIL image.” error, so no go there…

So then I try using the Winetricks, “Run explorer” and I successfully launch the ASTRONEER Trainier.exe, yippee me thinks, it loads, I get the wemod splash screen and it maintains 0% download and after a bit it errors out with FAILED TO DOWNLOAD.

I am thinking that if I could get what the loader downloads I could manually install that… or something else???

KF

That is the link to the download with a installer that doesn’t need to download additional files “https://api.wemod.com/client/download” but just so you know. Wemod was only made for windows. I’m unsure if it ran even run on linux even with wine.
Last I remember people didn’t manage to make it work.

2 Likes